1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Settings for ImToo DVD Ripper Platinum

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by ephmynus, May 12, 2007.

1. ephmynus

ephmynus Member

I'm using V6 and have gotten some decent results using DIVX however, I still have a few minor problems. I'm backing up the DVDs that I've purchased so I can play directly from HDD. At 1200 bit rate and defaults for the rest, the rip is a little jumpy. So I backed off to 800 and the video and audio are perfectly fluid. However, I get a little pixelation from time to time that I would like to remove in future rips. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding the best settings for a good DVD rip? I'm ripping this on a 3GHz Hyperthread P4 with 1g RAM but if the hardware is the problem, I can move over to my lappy which is a Core 2 Duo 2GHz with 2g RAM. I'm playing this back on a P4 2.66GHz with 1g RAM using XP MCE. I don't think the playback computer is the problem as I've played full HD content on it before with no problems.

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I'm assuming that you are encoding while you are ripping? I would suggest ripping with another program such as DVDFab HD Decrypter or R4M and then using your favorite proggy to get the result into your preferred format.