1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best site to buy the cheapest FLIP TOP

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ub2cool4u, May 19, 2003.

1. ub2cool4u

ub2cool4u Guest

What is the best site to buy the Cheapest (money wise) flip top?

2. ub2cool4u

ub2cool4u Guest

Please tell me the web site that I can get the cheapest flip top from, and tell me why you think that is the best web site to buy the flip top from.

3. xxBIGJxx

xxBIGJxx Guest

baysoftgames is where I got mine from for $39.99 with SMD's.

The only complaint is the packaging it came in. It was horrible. The disks could have fallen out. The box was poorly taped and all crushed. But it was $10 cheaper.

http://www.baysoftgames.com/baysoftgames/ps2flipcov.html

4. alpha_tot

alpha_tot Member

I bought mine from firefly-hk.com 4 34.99

5. xxBIGJxx

xxBIGJxx Guest

Very Cool! How much was the shipping? I will let my bro know.

6. ub2cool4u

ub2cool4u Guest

The cheapest one that I found so far was for $29.99 from www.modchipinc.com that site is very seucure so I feal safe putting my credit card number on there. And if what ever you buy from there doesn't suit you they offer a 30 day money back warranty, no matter what your reason is.

7. StatikOne

StatikOne Regular member

ub2cool4u, www.modchipinc.com is not that cheap.
    They sell it $29.99 but that is WITHOUT the magic swap disks that most people need. Many other places sell the flip-top's alone for $30, some even less. FireFly-HK sell's flip-top's without the disks for $19.99.

8. xxBIGJxx

xxBIGJxx Guest

Don't forget about the shipping from Hong Kong! I don't trust it. I don't want to buy from anyone outside the usa.

9. cheib

cheib Member

I have now bought 3 fliptop cases from the original makers www.ps2fliptop.com they charge $49.99 for the fliptop w/swap magic discs and free UPS ground shipping with a tracking number.

10. lilballer

lilballer Guest

I ordered my fliptop from baysoftgames.com for 39.99 with disks. Added with shipping the final cost was 45.98. My mom sent a check in my mail to them last wed cause she didn't want to use her credit catd online. Still didn't get it yet though. Hopefully it will be here tommorow or monday!!

11. SP33D

SP33D Member

cheib, are the flip-tops usually shipped quickly?

12. StatikOne

StatikOne Regular member

The original makers aren't at http://www.ps2fliptop.com/, they are http://www.ps2case.com/. I thought they were affiliated anyway.

I ordered mine from firefly-hk.com last night. 6 hours later (3AM PST) I got an email saying it has been shipped and they gave me the tracking #.

I would've gotten from ps2fliptop.com, but firefly's Ocean blue color looks great and it would be the same price as getting it from the USA anyway.

FireFly (the owner's name is Sarah Lee, like the baked goods) said shipping will take 7 days, so i'm guessing it'll be here the around the same time I get my DVD Burner. The burner was shipped by UPS ground and is scheduled to be here June 4th; 7 days after I ordered it! Sheesh, UPS ground within the USA is going to take as long as Hong Kong shipping.

Look at the Ocean Blue:
    http://www.firefly-hk.com/product_image.php?imageid=108
    http://www.magiccase.com/blackcase.jpg
    It comes with matching blue disks too!

Plus, it doesn't have that "Z" on top of it like the other ones do.
    http://home.rochester.rr.com/ps2cover/complete_ps2.jpg

13. gamercrew

gamercrew Member

OK... my friend got his at http://www.saveware.com/p628.htm

Flip Top Cover $24.95!
    Flip Top Cover & Swap Magic Disc's Combo Only $38.95

Colors: Solid Black,Blue, and White
    Check it out!

14. StatikOne

StatikOne Regular member

Saveware has high shipping costs, $15.00 for UPS Ground.

15. cheib

cheib Member

sp33d they ship out either the same day depending on what time of the day you pay or next day. They are very reliable, I actually just bought a 4'th yesterday and they shipped it out today with a tracking number from UPS. It may cost a few more dollars then the other sites but they are very reliable and I think that's worth a couple dollars more. I have heard that baysoftgames is a little slow to ship or does not ship out items at all but that could be a rumor. And I also have no idea about the z on the top of the fliptop none of mine had that on them.

16. gamercrew

gamercrew Member

Cheib... are u talking about saveware?

17. StatikOne

StatikOne Regular member

Cheib is talking about ps2fliptop.com.
    I have also heard good thing about them and how they usually ship same day or the day after.

PS2Fliptop.com price matches... Just in case you didn't know. =)

I've heard bad things about Baysoftgames. If you look at there internet reviews, they are terrible. I've heard of several people saying that they didn't receive packages or items were poorly packed, boxes were crushed and the swap disks could have fallen out of package easily.

Last edited: May 30, 2003
  18. StatikOne

StatikOne Regular member

I got my Fliptop, shipping only took 5 days from Hong Kong! It's actually a little darker than the pictures shows on the website, it looks more like the official Ocean Blue Japanese PS2's that Sony makes which looks equally good IMO.

The Hong Kong shipping is even faster than UPS ground. I still have to wait for my DVD burner which has been in delivery for 6 days already! It is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, maybe then I can try some DVD games.

I'll post a photo of my flip top case later.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2003
  19. sirreal

sirreal Member

I had a BAD experience with Firefly-hk.com...

payment processed fine, fliptop arrived in a timely manner...

HOWEVER,
    one of the latches on the 'flip lid' was broken, and I can not get the memory card holder to fit onto the flip top.

I emailed firefly-hk the day I received the fliptop about the broken latch and never heard back from them.

buyer beware!

20. stingray5

stingray5 Guest

To: StatikOne

Re: Saveware has high shipping costs.

You were looking at the UPS handling fee for computers because of the special packaging and work to put together the package. Saveware ships out USPS Priority 2 day delivery for a little over $6 for the Flip Top Cover and Swap Magic Disc's. The combo deals now are only $33.95!

They reserve UPS for larger packages, IE computers and smaller packages, like the Mod products and Quantity mod products are shiped out United States Postal Service Priority with tracking number sent to you in e-mail and confermation. The USPS Priority is very reliable._X_X_X_X_X_[small]PS2 Ver 7 with Apple Chip - No Swap but chip gets detected by On-Line games so I use the Flip Top
    PS2 Ver 5 with Flip Top Cover & Swap Magic 2.0
    Wholesale cheep PS/PS2/XBOX Mod Products
    http://www.saveware.com/p628.htm[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2003