1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best software for cheats (gameshark, action replay max, codebreakers, etc)???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by VJbob, Mar 7, 2005.

1. VJbob

VJbob Regular member

Recently I got a new playstation (v9) and I inserted my gameshark2 cd with memory card and it gave me an error message saying that its not compatible with this version playstation (before I was using ps2-v2). Since I now have Datel's MAX DRIVE, I was going to purchase the Action Replay Max however, I read reviews that its terrible and corrupts data etc.

I need cheats to play games like Nanobreaker and Contra:Shattered Soldier where I keep dying. I would prefer to use something compatible with my max drive however I would be willing to buy a new gameshark software, action replay max or codebreakers or anything else.

Can anybody recommend anything for me? Also, how will I be able to tell when purchasing online if the software is compatible with my v9 ps2?

I've never actually purchased a network adapter for my ps2, however if the Datel interface seems a lot more user friendly than the game shark. Is it difficult to download cheats and saves online, and is it worth my time to spend $50 on a network adapter, which I probably can't even setup correctly?

Thanks for any and all help.

2. r0c0

r0c0 Guest

i use AR MAX EVO and its a nice product , i mainly use it to transfer save files from my memcard to my usb flashdrive and backwards . it also has dvd region x , a media player and a sega genissis emulator plus sum other shit like alot of codes and updates. I have a v9 also and i can use the backup to even load backups with cheats :)
    but i dont cheat (much) so i dont care , about that corrupting data , i heard u never should use the "move files" function . i used the "copy to" alot and "crush" and "uncrush" too without any problems yet ....deleting files : i do that just in the ps2 browser

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2005
  3. datatrek

datatrek Member

I personally use codebreaker. It can read usb memorystick to store you backup saved data, they also have a lot more code available for games and they load up quicker. If you don't have internet access for you ps2, you can transfer the codes to your memory stick and load it into your ps2 memory card. I also found out that codebreaker is cheaper. It is $20 Canadian while Action Reply Max is $49 Canadian.

4. VJbob

VJbob Regular member

how user friendly is the interface on codebreakers? Action Replay MAX is super easy to use (compared with the dreadful GameShark2). Plus how many more useful codes are there? I am very curious to try codebreakers? But it seems like all the codes are released DAY 1 and are not updated ever again (from what I found on the website).

5. datatrek

datatrek Member

The user interface is super easy to us. Some codes are updated afterwards, but how much more update you needs when games such as Gran Turismo 4 has over 1300 codes. If i recall, but believe there are games that have over 5000 codes.

6. VJbob

VJbob Regular member

thats it, when I update the code list for ARmax with my MAX DRIVE (which takes forever) the data on my memory card gets corrupted after every use. Also, it seems like the laser is getting worn out from all of this code loading (I don't know how that could be). I'm going out to buy a codebreakers right now. Less hassle. Its a shame though since I really wanted ARmax to be the one. The user interface is super easy.