1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best solderless method

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by CapitalC, Feb 14, 2005.

1. CapitalC

CapitalC Member

I was wondering what was the best solderless method out now for the ps2 that was safe to use. I heard things about messing up your playstation with modchips and lasers burning out. Sum1 please help.

2. bucs2002

bucs2002 Member

try a flip-top! i did it and boy it works awesome. it took about 45 min. (for me since it was my first time) and the next thing i know...I was playing an archived copy of Ace Combat 4 on my v4 PS2.

the key to a flip-top is first finding out what version of PS2 you have and then getting the appropriate top for that make. another thing is that you'll need the 'swap magic' disks to use the flip-top (3.3 is current right now)

oh yea, as for sites...try www.consolesoure.com or www.clearbox.com. i went with consolesource and they took about a week and a half to ship (from Canada) to the States.

good luck to ya!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2005
  3. iLLNATiON

iLLNATiON Member

i got my swap magic 3.3 for 20 bucks and was delivered in 7 days even counting sunday from china..worked perfect if u want the addy here ya go . http://www.robotpig.com

btw: i had it shipped to california couldnt believe the speed in which item was received.