1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best surround sound for my tv

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by kcc76, Jun 6, 2004.

1. kcc76

kcc76 Regular member

im looking for a good set up for my tv i have a toshiba 50wh18b at the moment im using my 5.1 hifi phillips its alright but i want better poss 6.1 sort of need some help

2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

So, whatcha got now... you have a 50" display?
    That's a fair good start, and you have a somewhat recent (5.1 capable) receiver?
    So what you need are 6 channels of excellent speakers. THX speakers are certified for tonal-balance, ie. your test-tones will move tranparently from channel to channel, perceived by your brain only as a location-shift (not a speaker-shift). Maybe your Philips not real powerful? No worries, get a sub for the .1 (the LF channel in 5.1) and the heat will be off your receiver.
    So your existing setup will work great if you have quality speakers, and the single biggest improvement you (or anyone) could make would be a self-powered sub.
    It will make your receiver feel young again!
    Regards

3. kcc76

kcc76 Regular member

cheers pal thanx for the advice im off shopping and ican finaly use my speaker cable i was saving for some decent speakers which will be cheaper than the cable ,hehe,