1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best to store data?iso or video file folders for "movie only" burns?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by flexxxycj, Sep 11, 2007.

1. flexxxycj

flexxxycj Member

Ok so for years I have copied "movie only" of my favorite movies in the file folder manner.
    (folder with ts_video and ts_audio). and used nero to burn it to dvd.
    I started to play around tonight, and copied one in the iso image, and burned it in nero under the "udf dvd" setting.
    ... my question is the final outcoming dvd looks EXACTLY the same as the old way I did it to my unprofessional eye..-
    - is there any advantage or disadvantage to copying the file in iso instead of the ts_video/ts_audio folders?
    FYI I use anydvd/clonedvd for ripping, and nero7 for burning.. Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  2. flexxxycj

flexxxycj Member

can anybody tell me if there is a difference? or is this a mystery? ... or maybe its a dumb question that i should know ...
    I dont know-

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

it's not a dumb question for someone who only did it one way and now wants to learn more ways. An ISO is an image of a video disk or file. So it's the exact copy! And you, by ripping movie only, are also making an exact copy of a DVD movie. The only difference would be if there is much compression that is needed to fit onto a DVD5 (single sided blank DVD). If you use the DL disks (DVD9) then it's the exact copy and both ways will show no difference, quality wise. Just use good media, Made in Japan disks (Taiyo Yuden, Sony, Fuji, and other brands) or use Verbatim which is not MIJ but is high quality disks that is most recognized by most burners!

4. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

If by copy an ISO, you mean you still did a movie only rip, but had CloneDVD save it as an ISO, then no, there is no difference from ISO mode and File mode.

If you are ripping the entire disc in ISO mode, then what IHoe said applies.

There is no difference between an ISO rip and a DVD Folder rip if you are ripping the same files. Once it goes on the disc they will be identical.