1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Tools to remove pesky trailers but leave menus alone

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by djazz, Nov 7, 2003.

1. djazz

djazz Member

What are the best tools that you can use to edit out those pesky and space-hungry trailers--and selectively leave specific menus alone to be backed up to the dvd? I have tried vobrator and ifoedit but those trailers are not always in the VIDEO_TS folder. If they're in a folder that ends in "1" then Ifoedit can't find it--I think it looks for an IFO file but movie files that end in "1" don't have them. I know that dvdshrink will edit out stuff thro re-authoring but it refuses to re-include other stuff that I want re-included. Have been thinking of trying Pinnacle Instant Copy, but like to sponsor the shareware/freeware world.

2. Mayor

Mayor Member

Use CloneDVD with AnyDVD in the background to remove all non-sense you spoke of.

CloneDVD allows you to PREVIEW each chapter, so you can see what you are removing.

Bar none - it is the best application for backing up DVD's.

Mayor

3. djazz

djazz Member

Thanks Mayor. CloneDVD is one app that I haven't tried yet. I think it may now spark my interest in trying.

4. ger

ger Member

I have come across the same problem and get around it by copying all files to HDD and deleting the vob file containing the trailers and substituting it with a small "blank" vob file from elsewhere on the disk (ie. one of those ~50kb files that contains just a blank screen and is used as a transition during the playing of the disk). The open the appropriate ifo file in IFOEDIT and chose "Strip Streams", select all languages/subtitles (whatever is available) and strip. This will take about 2 seconds. Now you will have a corrected ifo file to match the replacement vob file. When playing the disk, after doing this, the trailers will be missing and you will go staright to the menu.
    I have done this several times and works like a charm. If it sounds confusing, I can write it in more detail.

5. djazz

djazz Member

Sounds like more work than what mayor recommends. But being as curious as I am, I will try out this method. Thanks ger.