1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Torrent Program

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by LufianGuy, Jan 31, 2007.

1. LufianGuy

LufianGuy Regular member

I need to know what the best torrent program and version out there is. I'm been trying to download some 2-3GB PC games and my Verizon dl speeds are just sucking even when there is like 3 seeders.

I read the bitcomet guide here and did what I could and I think my dsl is worse off than it already was.

I'm highly annoyed and pissed off here.

My windows and norton firewalls both allow the port. I just forwarded the port:

1. Do I want it to be host or dynamic?

2. I should only forward the port being used by BitComet correct?

My MTU is 1460 and my recieve window is 8000, the tweak page said I am good.

Anything I can do here?

Will registering with a private tracker increase my dl speeds?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
  2. neptune

neptune Regular member

the more seeders the faster you will get the game :) with only 3 seeders it will take some time

utorrent is a good client and easy to use / i use both azureus and utorrent and they work fine.
    and yes private trackers are faster and have many seeders in most cases .good luck trying to get into the hot trackers :)you will have to work your way up the lader start at one tracker and after a while you will fall into some more trackers lets say :))

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007