1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best UPnP for 360? TVersity, Orb or Nero MediaHome

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Apathy79, May 29, 2007.

1. Apathy79

Apathy79 Member

I recently found out that Nero MediaHome works with the 360. I am curious how well it works, does anyone have any experience with it? I currently use TVersity, which works.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

I have only tried TVersity and ORB myself, and those were ok but not nearly as good as XBMC was for the older Xbox. Streaming movies over wireless was completely useless as the picture quality (even though they were ripped directly from a DVD to the hard drive being played on a Hi-Def TV, was really grainy and not worth watching.

3. Apathy79

Apathy79 Member

Orb was decent for me, TVersity is better and I use it quite often but you're right XBMC for XB1 was incredible. I have two XB1s running it, I wish I could something as robust for the 360. I will give Nero a try this week.

4. uncreatve

uncreatve Member

I currently use MediaHome to my xbox 360 watching movies that were ripped off of DVDs with Nero Recode. The video is smooth but a little pixelated. Not unwatchable but annoying if you want the same quality you get when watching recorded tv shows through Media Center. I tried ORB but I was unable to view MP4 files. I only tried this one with once with no tweaking. I will try that later. I haven't used TVersity, can someone tell me how well it shows MP4s?

5. Apathy79

Apathy79 Member

I thought after the last 360 firmware update that MP4s could be played natively on the 360. Or am I confusing MP4 with H.264?

6. egomaniac

egomaniac Regular member

I could never get Tversity to work on my 360 but i am curious as to which of the three has the widest range of video files(MPEG, MP4, AVI, VOB, etc...)?

7. uncreatve

uncreatve Member

From what I have read from other posts on the net you are able to watch MP4s natively. They said you needed a special download that you get prompted for when you try to watch an MP4. Since M$ Zune or MediaPlayer won't serve up MP4s with their sharing I put an MP4 on a memory stick, plugged it into the 360 and it did prompt me for the update, I updated it and I was able to watch the video. I have not been able to get the 360 to see MP4 files on my media server though. I believe this is a limitation of media player sharing out MP4 files and not the 360 playing them.

If somebody knows how to stream an MP4 to a 360 without transcoding it I would be all ears, as long as it didn't require modding my 360.