1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best video to be streamed to xbox 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by momhoener, Dec 8, 2007.

1. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

Im looking for a program that can convert to a media format that the 360 can support. Space is not an issue on my hard drive now so any huge files that can play better i will use. I also am looking for 5.1 surround sound on my media files. What do you guys reccomend. you have always helped in the past so just seeing some opinions. Thanks again.

Matt

2. John1800

John1800 Member

The Best video you are going to be able to stream is probably H.264. However, you need to install a third-party MP4 DirectShow decoder pack to Media player 11 to import H.264 files into your library. Tthe file size can't be over 4gb. You can encode your movies to H.264 via Quicktime Pro.

You could also try WMV. Encode your DVD to a MPEG2 file then transfer that file to a WMV file. The WMV file can be greater that 4gb. I've had trouble doing it this way, but I've only tried once. I had a green screen. I might have just set it up wrong when encoding. It took forever.

3. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

is there anyway i can get 5.1 surround sound?

4. John1800

John1800 Member

5. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

hey thanks it sounds..... can I say INSANE. haha well I did. Thanks again