1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Vista Compatible CD ripping/converting to mp3 soft?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Headborg, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Headborg

Headborg Regular member

this new computer came with vista os . So now I'm finding a lot of my old software isn't compatible with vista. And since it's loaded with plenty of DRM protecting features...I thought I'd ask around to see what
    will work before I install.

I would like to know the best cd ripping + converting to mp3 software.

In the past I used DGPowerAmp....but, am away from home and haven't had the access to the old setup archive to know if it's even compatible with vista.

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

use EAC (exact audio copy). follow the guide to installing and using in my sig below. its free and the best there is...period

3. Headborg

Headborg Regular member

thanks, I'll try it...as soon as I find a working link to download it. The link in the guide linked to several nested sites and announced Exact Audio Copy .99 prebeta 1 but kept running around in circles and nothing actually downloaded.

4. djscoop

djscoop Active member

try a google search for it. you don't need to download the latest version of it...any recent one from the past year will work just fine.

5. lendlice

lendlice Guest

SPAM removed

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2008
  6. djscoop

djscoop Active member

if it works for you then kudos, but why waste $20 on a average ripper just like every other one out there. rippers that cost money period through up a red flag. EAC (exact audio copy) has been around for so many years now, that no ripper compares to it. No ripper can do what it does...period.