1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best way - avi to svcd

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by seijuro, Nov 1, 2004.

1. seijuro

seijuro Member

I downloaded some dvdrip movies in avi format and was wondering what would be the best way to convert it to svcd so I can burn and watch it with my dvd player without that much quality lost when I convert it?

2. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

You can just use an authoring app, theres tons around, I would recommend TMPGEnc 3.0, it really cuts the mustard. Converting it to SVCD (Mpeg 2)will more than likely force you to split it over a couple of CD-R's.

3. seijuro

seijuro Member

is there a step by step guide on how to do this with TMPGEnc 3.0 and also how would I be able to put subtitiles in

4. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

Not sure on the subs, but using it is straight forward: select the avi to convert,(set source) you can edit the avi at this point, then set output, you will be presented with a series of templates with PAL/NTSC options. Select encode, from here you can select an output folder and go. It does have more advanced options, but you will find default more than enough. More comprehensive guides can be found on this site with a little searching.

5. seijuro

seijuro Member

thnx for the quick reply ill try to burn it tonight after I do a little research on how to put subtitles in.