1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Way to backup Commercial VHS tapes I own

Discussion in 'Convert video to another format' started by free377, Apr 15, 2012.

1. free377

free377 Member

What is the best way to put these VHS tapes I bought ages ago onto a DVD? They are rare films not yet on DVD commercially. What unscrambling boxes exist that avoid the Macrovision and work easily? Does VHS2DVD Wizard software work?

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. free377

free377 Member

Thanks. I know about Macrovision--most small companies' VHSs don't have it, but major studios do, and these definitely do, as I have tried on a regular VHS player and a DVD recorder, and no luck. Funny how I can copy any DVD with HD DVD FabDecrypter or DVD Shrink, but some of these old rare, highly uncommercial VHSs (Dangerous, Full of Life) are protected! I will try the device; thanks. But which are the most reliable? All the ads on Amazon have some responses about serious problems.

4. attar

attar Senior member

Do a search at Afterdawn for GREX - there are four hits.

5. free377

free377 Member

Ah, thanks! I feel I am getting closer to certainty--any other advice, bring it on!

M.

6. mphsbelle

mphsbelle Member

Hey, I just posted a query under avi to dvd convert that I think you may abe able to answer. If you can, I would greatly appreciate it.