1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to backup Star Trek TNG Season 1, Disc 1?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Stry-Ker, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Stry-Ker

Stry-Ker Member

What methods have you guys used to back this up with out comprssing too much.

2. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

I haven't backed this up... im not a trekkie LOL

anyways I can suggest a few ideas to you.

You could use DVD Shrink and reauthor it and split one disc onto two DVD -/+R's This is probably the best way to limit the compresion. You will not have any menus however. Or you could probably just have all the episodes on one DVD and forget the special features, or put those onto another disc if you require them, you can probably remove alot of audio tracks, and subtitles to save a little compresion.

I havent used CLONE DVD 2 yet, but apparantly you can split it between 2 discs and keep working menus, there is a trial version of it.

3. Stry-Ker

Stry-Ker Member

Could i Reauthor the dvd and put 2 titles on one disc w/o menus? There by making 1 disc in to 2? Will it play bothe titles properly?

4. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

Yes you can do that. It will play both titles correctly. The second one will start after the first one is over. You can also use the chapters which automatically will be copied, to skip to the second episode.