1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to convert avi for standalone DVD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by stive22, Dec 19, 2002.

1. stive22

stive22 Guest

I have downloaded an avi file (680kb's) that I have viewed on my pc and it looks and sounds good. I want to convert that file as best as possible to be played on my DVD player. From reading threads, it appears converting it on a DVD media is the best. I could not find a conslusive guide or thread to generate a DVD from an avi? Could some one help with the answer and process (in detail). Newbie is kind for me. Also, is CVD better or worse than VCD in quality and playability on standalones?

I was successful in converting the avi file to a vcd by following a thread posted using TMPGenc and burning it on Nero (on two cd's). I could not get sound in the player but was ok in PC. May be a player problem. But, the quality wasn't quite as good either, so I think I want a better conversion. I understand the SVCD is better than VCD, but may be less likely to play on some DVD players.

If needed, my system is AMD Duron, 320ram, (2) 20gb hd's, & Win ME.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2002
  2. j_holmes

j_holmes Regular member

Hi stive.

When i get a nice quality avi file and want to put it into dvd i use nero's vision express.

Choose make a dvd video.
    Add you video file.
    Create your menu to fit your liking.
    Then burn to your dvd.

It Works "GREAT"

Good luck.

3. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

4. rolks

rolks Member

nero vision express dont finish disk. for encoding its good.