1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to edit out commercials

Discussion in 'Convert video to another format' started by jerecho, Sep 22, 2012.

1. jerecho

jerecho Regular member

I have a tivo hd dvr. I have transfered recordings from it to my pc. I have used DRM buster 4.3.3 to convert the file to a .wmv

I have sony vegas 10 and have used it to cut out the commercials but I don't know what the best way to save the video is. Does anyone know of a solid way of doing this?
    I try to save it again as a .wmv in vegas 10 but it comes out a little choppy and the audio doesn't match up

2. attar

attar Senior member

AsfBin works on wmv.
    Select the bit you want to keep with the slider - click the 'Preview' button and use it's slider to refine the selection.
    Click the '+Insert' button and repeat for the the next section.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AsfBin

3. jerecho

jerecho Regular member

That program works great. The only thing that sucks though is that the audio is about a second behind the video. It seems like it gets that way as soon as I run it through DRMBuster. I ran the .tivo file through direct show dump and created an movie clip (.mpg) file and the audio and video are still synced up well. Now my only gripe is that I cannot find a program that will edit my mpg file without making the audio and video out of sync. I also don't want to lose a bunch of quality by shrinking it town. The mpg file I have now is around 9 gb. Hard drive space is not an issue for me. My final goal is to have the commercials cut out and have the final video in .mp4
    This way I can play the show on my apple tv. I have tried to use Sony Vegas Pro 11 and it will not read an .mpg file. I also have "Aiseesoft blu-ray converter ultimate" It will read the mpg file and will convert it to almost anything I want but once again no matter what format I convert to it will have the audio and video out of sync....

Any ideas?

Thank you for your time

4. attar

attar Senior member

Try Mpg2Cut2.
    I've used that on WTV files that were converted to mpg.

5. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

You could also try Cuttermaran. We have a (somewhat outdated) guide for it which I wrote a few years back. It's been a while since I used it, but I seem to recall you can specify an audio delay if you run into sync problems. Since that guide was written there has been support added for a better MPEG-2 encoder called HC (or HCEnc), and some options added for remuxing at the end, but it should be a reasonably good starting point.

Since it only works with elementary video and audio files you would also need to demux first, which you can do with DGIndex.

6. jerecho

jerecho Regular member

How on earth do I use or download DGIndex?
    I clink on the link you provided but I can't figure it out. I got avisynth 258 and installed it but I can't run it??

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012