1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best way to ftp into xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by charlessp, Apr 27, 2007.

1. charlessp

charlessp Member

I was wondering what the best way was to ftp into your xbox, im using filezilla and my xbox and laptop are plugged into a hub.....is there anyway to speed up this process because 4hrs to transfer a movies seems a bit long.

Thanks alot

2. corn

corn Guest

Theres FlashFXP, SmartFXP, and you can use your browser. There are other clients out there, but can't think of them at the moment.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

wow, how big are those movies? I can transfer about 2-3GB in roughly 45 minutes to an hour (a game). Other than a crossover cable there is not faster way (wireless is slightly slower than directly connecting of course). I always use an FTP clien like the one's that corn mentioned, or my favorite WS_FTP Pro.
    You may even want to try it a completly differnt way. like if your xbox can read DVD+RW (not sure it can) but you can copy the video TS folder onto the DVD as a data DVD (Nero), then use DVD2Xbox or a file browser to copy the files from the disc to the Xbox which would be faster if it works.

4. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

FTP programs are great especially if you want to connect to xbins. But i prefer using the windows explorer because you can access the xbox in realtime. Its very easy.

Go to "My Network Places" then click "Add a network place"
    Follow the screen prompts. then click the FTP folder. Under "Internet or network address" type in you xbox ftp:(ftp://xbox:xbox@(your address).

A shortcut will be created with the ip and password already automated. Then all you have to do instead of typing in the ip and password every single time is just open "My Network Places" and click on the shortcut you've just created.

5. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Under the xbox network settings it should read your Lan at 100Mbps Full Duplex if it says half or anything else, you should adjust your PC Lan settings under the Device Manager tab assuming you are using windows. I had the same problem when i first tried to ftp my box uploading small roms took me minutes and my first game took hours. If you dont adjust the settings you will always have a limited or slow connection.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007