1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to get GBA roms working on a DS?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Dublo7, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Dublo7

Dublo7 Member

I already have an M3 Simply for DS games, and I'm curious as to what would be the best way to get GBA roms working via a Slot 2 device?
    Obviously I'd plan on using the Simply as a passcard.

2. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

i have a m3 lite perfect myself. but most slot-2 devices should play gba, that's actually what they were intended for. 0.0
    btw, m3 perfects play gba. m3 pros DON'T. also, you don't need a passme for gba backups.

all in all, i highly suggest getting an m3 lite perfect. it also uses microsd(very convenient). it fits near-perfectly into a ds lite(i'm a perfectionist and see this little little little gap to one side... and i don't like hyperboles); and if you have an original ds, the m3 lite perfect should come with a gba game-cart sized shell that the hardware can go into to fit that ds version. so yeah, m3 lite perfect!!!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  3. Dublo7

Dublo7 Member

Will the Perfect Lite need constant patching with games?
    Or do I just throw some firmware on the SD card like I do with the M3 Simply?

4. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

the lite doesn't need patching, the games do. but the game manager is really organized and is not much of a hassle at all. it does all the patching for you. just select your sd from the bottom left file tree, click write gba/nds and click ok (after clicking write gba/nds there's some options, but i don't mess with them except for troubleshooting). sometimes i wish the simply had a similar manager since, once instructed, the manager goes directly to where all your games are and shows you the contents (game-wise) of the selected sd. really well-done i think.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007