1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Way To Go?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Fuzzy_C, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Fuzzy_C

Fuzzy_C Regular member

hey, i made a slide card, but i really don't like it, i can boot backups with my gsv2, but just don't like the slide card, i was wondering what would be the best way to go, i have the gsv2, and was thinking i have two ways to go, i can get one of these pnp cards

http://modchip.ca/products/ps2/nosolder_v4.php

or i can get a flip top and swap magic from customps2.com, what are the pro's and con's of both of them, if i get the no solder chip, do i still need to buy the swap magic discs if i have a gsv2? and does anybody know an online store that sells the no solder chip for v4 consoles for cheaper then modchip.ca, and ships to canada? either way i gotta open my ps2, so i'm just wondering which thing is better to use.

oh and does anybody know if customps2.com is any good?

2. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

i suggest you get the flip top because it wont ruin your ps2 like a no solder mod. i dont think you would need the swapmagic set if you have GS 2 v2 but i have heard it alot easier to use those then the GS. if you really want to use your ps2 to its maximum i suggest you get a modchip installed (or do it yourself if you are good at soldering). impactmods.com sells cheap modchips and norcalmods.com will install a modchip for a very reasonable price.

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

i would also recommend the fliptop and swap magic.

4. Fuzzy_C

Fuzzy_C Regular member

do the no solder chips actually ruin your ps2? i got a magic v3.2 i bought a lil while ago, but a wrecked a ps2 or 2 trying to install the damn thing, only reason i'm tryin to decide between a flip top and no solder chip is they seem to do reletively the same thing, bypass the eject detection, and i found a site with the v4 no solder chips for $14 canadian each, and the cheapest i've found a flip top for was $25 canadian, so i'm just wondering, is it worth the extra $11 for the top, and do the no solder chips actually have negative effects on your ps2?

i'll probly end up getting the swap magic discs later on either way

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

yeah the no solder chips have a tendancy to blow fuses. The fliptop changes nothing inside your ps2, and I believe is a little faster.

6. zak_81

zak_81 Guest

Doesn't the fliptop void the warranty?

7. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

yeah, but so does the no solder mod.

8. KainX2

KainX2 Guest

warranty still gone though