1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best way to rip dvd audio to mp3?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by jdcope, Apr 18, 2005.

1. jdcope

jdcope Member

I own the Eric Clapton "Crossroads Festival" dvds, and I would like to rip the audio to mp3 format for listening at work. Any ideas for the best way to do this?

Thanks
    Jon

2. jdcope

jdcope Member

uhh...nevermind. I finally got a search phrase to work to get the info I needed.

thanks
    Jon

3. squizluke

squizluke Regular member

Thats good. But would you mind telling what you found? the idea of this forum is so that other ppl with same problem can learn from other ppls experience.

Thanx

4. diabolos

diabolos Guest

True That! Did you find a good all in one solution?

5. whompus

whompus Active member

Have you guys looked into IMTOO software. http://www.imtoo.com/dvd-audio-ripper.html The dvd audio ripper they offer works great for me. I noticed they offer newer version now then what I use. They are in version 2. I am still using version 1.x.xx build something and it works great.

{edit} I just downloaded the new version to test. Still works great. If you happen to be registered user of older version the new one will upgrade it with no problem. Don't know if the new one still gives 5 minutes audio rip for testing but would think it does.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2005
  6. jdcope

jdcope Member

I found a thread for using Xmpeg for ripping the sound.

Still trying to get it to work.

7. diabolos

diabolos Guest

ImToo ripper isn't free? I would just go ahead and use DVD Decrypter for now unless you have the cash to spend on Imtoo. It does sound pretty sweet for the price. I though would like to see some one put to getter a Gadian Knot like solution using DVD Decrypter && BeSweet. Just click and transcode the entire thing to what you want (for free).

Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2005
  8. jdcope

jdcope Member

I finally used Xmpeg, and it worked great! Run Xmpeg, and after it brings up the main movie file, right click on the viewer. You get another menu with an option for ripping the audio only. You can rip to a raw file (I think AC2 or mp2), or you can choose .wav or .mp3. Then you choose what bitrate you want, and go.

It rips to one large file, but thats all I wanted from the Crossroads DVDs I have. Now I can listen to the show at work.

Jon

9. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Sounds cool, I myself would want more options though.

10. diabolos

diabolos Guest

I'm curious, did you have to rip the entire event to your harddrive before demuxing it? I don't know about all of that. You should have been able to sellect just the files you wanted if you used DVD Decrypter.

11. jdcope

jdcope Member

12. jdcope

jdcope Member

Oops.
    Thats what I get for trying to use html tags...;-)