1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Better idea than Onkyo TX-SR501?

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by Garrett33, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Garrett33

Garrett33 Member

Hello.
    Im soon buying this receiver and a pair of Monitor Audio Silver S1, which will later upgrade to 5.1
    These bookshelfs can do 45Hz pretty well which means i can set crossover low like 50Hz.
    This tx-sr501 receiver is one of rare having option to change crossover frequency but 60Hz is the lowest.

My question is will i want to set CO lower than 60Hz?Is there receiver in this price range that has better CO options?
    Although ill use 2.1 for quite some time ill use it for dvd, music, games, but most important are music and dvds.

2. Razz1234

Razz1234 Guest

Garrett,

Even though your speakers are rated down to 45Hz you actually want to set you crossover to double that. Try is at 80Hz and even 100Hz. Sit down and listen to pick the best level of transition without any gap.

I know it seems like you should be able to set the crossover to like 60Hz but that's not the way it works.

I'm not too familiar with your reciever, I'm a Denon fan myself.

3. Garrett33

Garrett33 Member

Ok ill not that.Im just assuming what will i like.I dont have these gear yet!