1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Better way to edit commericals out of .wmv files??

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by OU812Ono, Mar 4, 2005.

1. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

I have PVR on my comp that records to Dvr-ms. The only program I have found to convert this file format is Dvr2Wmv. I burn the show to dvd, but in order for me to load it into Tmpgenc Dvd Author I have to convert it to .mpg in Tmpgenc. If I could find a program that would let me edit commercials out of a .wmv file than I could use a program like DvdSanta to convert to Dvd format.

The reason I think there should be a better way is once it's in .wmv format it's relativly small "477 MB" but once I convert it I get a file almost 4gb's in size?
    Wouldn't this just be waisting space, like converting an mp3 to wav, same quality just larger size?

If anyone has a system or any ideas I'd love to hear em, as it stands it takes over 1 1/2+ hours of working/waiting time to produce a 45 min video.

Basically what I'm looking for is a program that can edit .wmv's that isn't incredibly slow like Showbiz.

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Microsoft Window Movie Maker that comes with Windows XP will edit .wmv files.

3. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

ulead video studio will work