1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Better Wii-mote for N64 vc games

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by rcrockett, Feb 28, 2007.

1. rcrockett

rcrockett Regular member

I downloaded Zelda, The Ocarina of Time, on virtual console, and have found it aggravating to play it on the classic controller. Does anybody sell a Wii-compatible N64 controller mod, or anything like it that will work? Would Game Cube controllers be any better?

Thanks.

2. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Due to all the buttons the N64 controller had I think a PS2 to Gamecube adapter would work even better than the Gamecube controller.

3. Krystovar

Krystovar Regular member

What makes it so hard to control? I haven't downloaded this yet and if it's going to be too frustrating to control with the Classic, then I might not even bother to download it. Is it that big a problem, or just a minor annoyance?

Thanks.

4. rcrockett

rcrockett Regular member

It's more of a minor annoyance. The classic controller is setup very similar to the SNES controler, as far as buttons and physical layout.

You have to use the second joystick on the classic controller in place of two of the top yellow buttons. It's still fun to play, but takes a while to get used to and bugs the crap out of you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. deesy32

deesy32 Guest

first i would like to say iam not a wii basher but i would like to know how a hardcore gamer enjoy the wii.the control setup does not work very well for first person shooters.and the madden plays very wierd.but i do think it do fun kiddie games very well.but not real games.

6. rcrockett

rcrockett Regular member

What do you mean? There are games were you actually use the Wii-mote to virtually aim on the screen, and then the Nunchuck to walk. How is THAT not as good as using a basic Xbox or PS3 controller?

Not all hardcore games play FPS's too ya know... :p

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  7. hemby642

hemby642 Regular member

Wait can u not use the wii remote to play teh games u buy in Wii shop I have not tried?

8. hemby642

hemby642 Regular member

Never mind i took my time and looked at the Q-A and figured it out. For anyone who wants to know look to the right of the picture of the game after u click on it ans it will have a blue pic of what kind of controller is needed.