1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beware of buymodchip.com

Discussion in 'PS2' started by christdup, Jun 25, 2007.

1. christdup

christdup Member

Beware of buymodchips.com as they scamming people! I bought a modded ps2 from them 3 weeks ago and although my credit card was charged promptly, i NEVER received the item! It was useless trying to contact them also. They are simply not responding! I am sure there is plenty of good mod sites out there. Just don't go and give your money away for nothing!

2. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

sorry to hear about your experience.before you buy anything off of a site online you should also look up some info on google.this really helped me many times and that is why i havnt been scammed yet.i hate stupid scammers.

3. christdup

christdup Member

Thanks for the good word. I do check my sources usually. I work in an IT environment and i buy online many times a day for the company. I guess a modded playsation being a "hard to find hot toy", i sacrificed security....

Anyway, as a update, still haven't heard from buymodchips.com as of yet...hopefully my credit card company will accept to void the transaction and they won't get my money...

4. cycon0

cycon0 Member

Christdup: Make sure you have checked the where the "company" is. If they are in another country, it could take 2-6 weeks because of how slow everything is in other places. You may not be scammed, but the item could just be moving at an extremely slow rate. For example, modchip.com isnt considered reliable, but I bought from them without knowing anything. Being that they were sending me something from Austria, it took 5 weeks. They were also inactive in the contact department. With all the emails (6 in one week) I sent them, they did actually reply to one someodd days later, but the email was sent over to the bulk mail folder. Check everything you have done with buymodchips.com, this could possibly be a scam but just be sure before you assume anything.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  5. christdup

christdup Member

Once again thank you for your good advice.

I wished i was not scammed since i was really looking forward to receive this baby but the facts speak louder than my interogations in this case.

1- the company is in Florida so the excuse of being in a foreign country does not apply.

2- I kept checking in my junked email since you are right, that's where my restritration number ended up being sent when i signed up with them before the transaction was done.

3- i called their phone line and left messages many times and used their "in house" email contact to email them as well as my work account and personal hotmail but did not get an answer. I really did everything i could. And if it was just a matter of being patient i would at least appreciate a mail telling me that "something" is happening.

It's sad i admit, but true.