1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beware of Ordering from Meritline !

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Corndog, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Corndog

Corndog Member

Hi,

I just want to tell you about my last experience with Meritline.I just recently placed a second order with Meritline for 500 Ritek G04 (shiny) DVD-Rs and 500 DVD cases. They sent me the wrong discs, which will not work with my burner. I have been on the phone with them for two days trying to resolve the issue. They claim it is a problem with their supplier and they were "investigating" the problem. They didn't tell me this UNTIL the second day.

I asked them to send me replacements (Ritek G04 matte). I asked them to send a return label and then send the replacement discs once the return package was in the UPS system. I paid $200 for these discs, and I don't have ANOTHER $200 lying around to order more discs. I will have to wait another two weeks before I can even order more discs from another company. I really felt like this was tacky, so I requested to return the 500 cases (don't need cases without discs) along with the incorrect discs they sent. They said I could return them at my own expense, which would be another $35 in shipping fees. So here I sit with 500 cases and no discs.

I have read so many good things about this company, but I will NEVER order another thing from them. I don't care if I have to pay a higher price.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

*moved to appropriate forum*

Though many folks here are happy with meritline I avoided them completely due to their piss poor ratings at http://resellerratings.com . I don't deal very well with being screwed over and tend to want to start shooting people so I always use resellerratings before I order from any site :)

You might try http://rima.com or http://newegg.com - very high ratings for both :)

3. Corndog

Corndog Member

Nephilim,

Thanks for the suggestions. I have purchased lots of hardware from Newegg, but never blank media. Also, thanks for the reseller site.

4. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

newegg is the way to go for blank media, order many many many times with them. their shipping is alot more faster with fedex and the prices are alot better, you just gotta constantly watch their prices on a every 2 days basis.

5. 1Randyc

1Randyc Member

Wow I didn't realize I wasn't the only one who got burnt on the recent dealing with Meritline.
    I had been dealing with Meritline exclusively for dvd medias and I had no issues until now.
    I ordered 200 Ritek G04 and I received G05 instead just like others. These would absolutely refuse to get past lead-in stage when burning at 4X on my trusty Sony DRU-500 but only worked at 2X.
    I've thought long and hard about returning these to Meritline and I just knew I have to deal with hassel of shipping back on my cost and wait again for re-shipping and I said screw this.
    I just went out to buy that new Maddog 16X double layer dual format dvd recorder and retired my hard worked Sony(probably on its last leg after over 2000+ burns). Now I am burning those wrongly shipped discs at 8X but needless to say I will not order ever from Meritline again, they just lost a very loyal customer.

These supposedly Ritek G05 seems not pristine in quality and media code comes out as TY02, probably not genuine. I will definitely try Newegg next time. Price seems better even with shipping charge.

6. PennRon

PennRon Regular member

Hi:

Yes Meritline has good media but their shipping sucks. Takes a solid 7 business days for me to get my stuff. So I went to Newegg where I have been buying hardware for years. Newegg ROCKS. I would always get my stuff from CA in 3 business days. Now Newegg has opened a warehouse in NJ so I get my stuff sometimes next day! Also their return practices are one of the best in the business. Regards...

7. Pony321

Pony321 Regular member

Newegg is my first choice when purchasing Ritek. I'm a big fan of the Ritek Branded dvds. Problem I'm having with Newegg is I can never tell which of their Ritek blanks are branded. The last 100 pack of Ritek dvd+r blanks I purchased from Newegg weren't mentioned on their site as being BRANDED. I just happened to know this from a prior purchase. This morning I ordered a 50 pack of Ritek G05 8x Branded dvd-r from Meritline. It mentions on their site that these are indeed Ritek Branded. As far as I know Newegg doesn't carry the branded 8x DVD-R blanks. I certainly can't tell from the info provided from their site or the enlarged photos of the Riteks.

8. Gnomex

Gnomex Regular member

I have only ordered once from merit line and all went fine. However, with the severe negative comments in terms of there customer service it may be the last. Does anyone have personal comments about www.supermediastore.com ?

9. ntjones

ntjones Member

10. wmiao

wmiao Member

Hi, I have a question about this DVD-R disk. I notice it have G04 and G05, what is the difference? And some guys here just complained then got the G05 when they ordered G04, so it means G04 is some better than G05?

Any reply is so appreciated.

11. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

G04 is 4X -R media.

G05 is 8X -R media.