1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

beware of Pre-modd PS2's

Discussion in 'PS2' started by stzd8, Apr 15, 2004.

1. stzd8

stzd8 Member

Hey guys,

I ordered a pre-modd PS2 from XteamModds since I didn't want to mess with my old PS2 version 1. And it cost me 300 buck!!! (twice the actual PS2). Well, after the wait, I tried the PS2 out of the box and guess what, IT DOES NOT WORK!!!

I was so pissed because:
    1) the product does not work even playing original DVD movies.
    2) Tech support was hard to reach, even email took a while
    3) when I got finally a reply, all they said was "Well, you need to get another pre-modd ps2 with different chip"

I was like this is #$%@, I send the damned thing back. Let's see what the bastards doing for it. I already updated my credit card company in case those fools want to pull a fast one. Anyone else had same type of luck?

2. EddyC

EddyC Member

I had mine done in Korea::magic 3, 80 bux for install and purchase:: with no playing problems cept Dvds, the only thing was, they banged up the case and the cd tray =/

3. ShadowNyt

ShadowNyt Regular member

The only time I would recommend a pre-mod is when you know the people are reliable / well known - and they offer a warranty.

Aside from that the only benefit is that you save on postage one way that you would normally encounter if you bought the station first and posted it.

If you are local to them - I would never go a pre-mod - go instead with a well priced professional install.