1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

big Benq problem

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by wabashman, Feb 4, 2008.

1. wabashman

wabashman Active member

ok, well so i used the following video tut:
    http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/foru...hp?f=110&t=277.

i successfully read the fw, erased it successfully, but had a problem writing it since i was stupid and forgot to check it with 360 FW TB 4.5, and got an E 65 error, later found out the FW it wrote to it was keyed as all 7's. so i booted back into XP and checked the backup copies that iprep made when it initially read the FW and they were good, both of the backups were identical, and were 256 kb, and weren't the same numbers, they were the normal weird ass list you would get. key numbers are:

D150863AA02C80A396C009B2B4FA0063

so i replaced the FW file in CFW folder with one of the good backups and rewrote the FW, did the 'fben 1234567 12345' command, followed the instructions, but now after it 'erases' the FW i get the 'wrong flash status' message with a 0X73 code. and if it then pops up the please turn off your drive and hit any button to continue, but as soon as i hit any button it immediately jumps into writing the banks again instead of giving me the Y/N prompt. which results in nothing being done at all, and still have the E 65 error.

so any help would be greatly appreciate, i know there is a way around this and to reflash the good FW on it, but i dont have the slightest clue how to.

thanks in advance.

2. wabashman

wabashman Active member

hate to bump my own thread, but anyone??

3. IceKing1

IceKing1 Guest

isn't bumping against the rules? you just need to be patient, obviously most people are like you and don't know the answer.

4. yzrider22

yzrider22 Regular member

Did you atleast get it to write the stock Firmware back to it?If you can do that sucessful, I would try maybe dos32 program,or maybe dos16.I havent ever tried it with iprep yet,Man I hope ya get it figured out Would be a bummer if ya Briked it.I,ve got a link to a guide that I used to flash My buddies benq,Only problem with it was when I double Checked it BEFORE Flashing it, my key number wasnt on the hacked firmware.So I opend it with toolbox pasted my key on the hacked firmware then flashed it.Got to triple chek these firmwares,as it seems nothing ever goes as planned.I'll pm you that link.GoodLuck

5. phelixnyc

phelixnyc Regular member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
  6. wabashman

wabashman Active member

to yzrider, thanks for the link, i will look at it once im done writing this post.

to phelixnyc,
    i will also follow your links, i will probably do them first, since they are from the same site i used the main tut from. and i am using the 360 to power the drive instead of the connectivity kit as i do not have one.

to iceking1, how about you stop posting on this forum until you actually have something beneficial to say, i have yet to read a single post where you offered some intelligent information. or perhaps you should change your forum name to KingDick1 instead.

7. phelixnyc

phelixnyc Regular member

Good. I have a problem of my own maybe you can help. When you flash take a look at the ring around the front of the 360 take notice if the third section blinks red while flashing, writing not erasing. Mine does and it never did that before or I never noticed, want to see if it's normal or if theres a prob with my drive.

8. wabashman

wabashman Active member

ok, so i followed phelixnyc links, and manually made the ixtreme fw, and with stupid iprep version 5, i didnt have the rben section, but i got version 6 to actually work, however it wont load 1.4.1 fw, it will only load 1.1 fw. so what gives with that, and when i redo this with the rben, i will look and see what the ring of lights is doing.

well i got it to finally work!!!

after doing the rben command, it erased it perfectly, but didnt work on the rewrite. so i rebooted and ran the fben command it re-erased it fine, but instead of shutting the 360 off after it as the directions stated, i left it on, bc recently its been jumping directly into flashing instead of making me resend the mtkflash command thing. so it flashed it perfectly, and is playing NFS right now!!!

thanks to those that actually helped me on this issue.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
  9. yzrider22

yzrider22 Regular member

You prob need to update the def files in iprep,so that it See's the newer firmware.But anyhow Glad to see your up and running.

10. wabashman

wabashman Active member

well that would make sense, lol. but i think it actually used the 1.4.1 since i used that folder to make the fw. oh, and sorry i didnt answer your question you had, when it was writing the fw to it, i didnt notice it flashing red.