1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Brain Acadamy (US) on 3.1J?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by wiinovice, Dec 4, 2007.

1. wiinovice

wiinovice Member

Ive read many threads that say not to use the the US big Brain on Jap wii because of bricking issues.

Im running on 3.1J and 1.9g for Mario Galaxy.

Does anyone know of any issues with US big brain on Jap wii and have they tried it themselves?

I have the JAP version "wii dewa.....something" but dont speak japanese so not that much fun!!

Also, Ive ordered the wiif fit board from Japan, should have it on Friday, anyone know if the wii fit game has any updates on it? Will be ok for me as my wii is JP.

Finally, Any news on US or PAL Mario Galxies working on JP Wii's? Dying to play this, got the JP version but i refer back to my earlier point of not speaking japanese!!

Cheers

Wiinovice

2. wiinovice

wiinovice Member

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE does anyone know the answer to this question?

I have burnt big brain USA onto 2 dvd's - one brick blocked and the other unblocked

The blocked one loads the disc and locks up on startup

the unblocked one wants to install a firmware update

Im confused by this as im running on 3.1J (I have a JAP wii) which was updated by SMG

If i install the update ( which i believe should be 2.2U) will it actually harm my wii, i cant see why it wants to install it in the first place as im on 3.1J

AAGGHHH - totally confused!

PLEASE HELP!!!

3. rafadawn

rafadawn Regular member

If you have read several threads saying not to do it, why do you want to do it???

In theory, 2.2U should not install over 3.1J. However if it does, then your Wii is bricked.. is Big Brain worth that risk to you?

Reading the comment on the compatibility rlist, I'd say there is a 99% chance you'll brick your Wii.