1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BIG final fantasy 7 problem

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by armorthis, Jun 20, 2007.

1. armorthis

armorthis Guest

I'm running final fantasy 7 on my PSP and I just started getting this error were pretty much the whole screen gets this wierd green (almost like tv static) thing going on it, and all the music and stuff slows down. When im running around everything is fine but when I talk to somebody the text is all messed up and when I go into the menu I cant read anything because is is so screwed, what do I do?

I'm runnin a 3.40 custom firmware and a 4GB sandisk memory stick

2. armorthis

armorthis Guest

BUMP

seriously I need some help here please

3. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

What did you use to convert

4. armorthis

armorthis Guest

I used PopstationGUI

5. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

try psGUI221beta.rar (search for it)

6. armorthis

armorthis Guest

That's what the RAR file for what I used is called...when I open the files up I click on popstationGUI and thats what it uses to convert.

7. armorthis

armorthis Guest

I think I know what the problem is, I re-converted the image file and so far no problems, I think I accidentally checked the "fix graphics" button when I converted before.

8. s0uljahz

s0uljahz Member

hey
    i am currently having the same problem
    what settings did you use in your conversion
    its heaps fustrating fighing with green static in the screen lol
    please help.
    thanks

9. armorthis

armorthis Guest

Yeah i'm still getting this problem, if you can finish the battle and get to a save point, save the game and re-set the PSP then it will be fine,

I figured out it happens with certain monsters that you fight, in the sector 5 reactor it happens with the flying blue blobs and in the sector 7 slums it happens with the half man half horse monster. It only happens when they do certain attacks though, as of now, the only way I can find around it is to take out the monsters you now will mess up your game first before you attack anything else.

When I do get the static I just keep pressing O until the battle is done, save the game, restart PSP and keep playing, my best advice would be to invest in plenty of tents.

10. s0uljahz

s0uljahz Member

yeahh lol
    this is what i always done
    *possible spoiler*
    it was so hard to beat the boss in shinra towers
    after the tank in disk 1
    LOL

yeahh
    hopefully it will go away in disk 2 or something

11. armorthis

armorthis Guest

Hopefully, i'm not that far yet, I beat the game years ago on PS1 and deicded to play through it again on PSP. It's the WORST when it gets green and slows down so it takes like 10 minutes to do an attack.

12. Mriceguy

Mriceguy Member

I'm having the same problem. But it was all running fine before when I had firmware 3.30-OEa. I wanted to upgrade to 3.40-OEa because it fixed the screen getting cropped off. Is there anything we can do? Or would it be better to just go back to 3.30-OEa. Does anyone know how to go back to other Dark-Alex firmwares? I've been searching for hours but I don't know how, there aren't any guides or anything. (nothing came with 3.40-OEa)

13. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

If you want to go back to other dark alex firmware, you can just run the installation over what you have

14. Mriceguy

Mriceguy Member

dammit! I went back to 3.30 OE-a, but it still keeps screwing up in the battles! What on earth could be causing this??

Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
  15. AhrenCort

AhrenCort Member

I'm having the same problem. Considering downgrading to 1.50, then upgrading to 3.30OE-A and then to OE-A', just to make sure all the files and stuff is right.

Unless there's a fix, I'm probably gonna' do that in the next few hours.

16. Mriceguy

Mriceguy Member

Yeah, I took the long way and went back to 1.50 and then up to 3.30 OEa. I even tried ripping the disc again and using another method of creating an eboot but no success. This is all so strange because my friend is running it perfectly on his 3.40 OEa psp! By the way, what is 3.30 OEa'?

17. Mriceguy

Mriceguy Member

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  18. AhrenCort

AhrenCort Member

3.30OE-A' is an update to 3.30OE-A.

Anyway, did all the patching and I'm still getting the glitch. What the hell? I'm gonna' download an ISO today and try ripping that. If that doesn't work, I don't know what the hell I'll do.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  19. Tuas

Tuas Member

Yup, I also encountered this problem, which really demoralized me. The only thing I can say is, that it has something to do with the status inducing spells. I'm DEAD CERTAIN!

It crashed every time some monster caused sleep, or silence. Both the cases that someone mentioned above are monsters that cause a small flickering texture to go above a character's head. In "Sleepel" it causes a little animated 2D-"Zzz" and with the "Silence" it causes a little "..."-bubble.

So that's the goddamn problem: ANIMATED TWO-DIMENSIONAL GRAPHICS IN A HEATED THREE-DIMENSIONAL BATTLE! That's a bitch, ain't it?

20. lilotwig

lilotwig Member

Ive been having the same problem also... i may have figure a way around it... what happen is when i fight a monster which causes the green screen i spam the "HOME" key while they cast that specific spell such as "STONE STARE". I keep spamming it until the spell is done casting. I believe the cause to the glitch is some sort of graphic problem, so i guess doing the spam lets the psp process the information.

The problem is that this doesnt really work 100% of the time

[Custom 3.40]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2007