1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big HD

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by scib, Jul 6, 2007.

1. scib

scib Member

I just upgraded my soft-modded xbox's hard drive to a 320 GB one. I use xboxhdm to format and copy over the files and then locked it with the eeprom from the old hard drive. It put all of the extra space, about 312 gigs, in the F drive. I'm worried, however, because I keep hearing about how something needs to be special in order to access large hard drives, although the number changes from 137 to 120 to 250 GB.

When I boot up, it says it can see all the space, but I'm worried I'm going to fill it up to 120 gigs and it'll say i'm out of space and I'll have to reformat and lose everything if I want to access the space.

So, is it really working and if not how do I make sure it is?

2. kyle00

kyle00 Member

the xbox will only read 137 gb's at a time so you'll have to create another partition to access the rest of the space....i'm not quite sure how to do this though =/

3. kyle00

kyle00 Member

ok so i found out F only recognizes 137gb and you'll need to format the G partition in order to get the rest...i know this can be done using unleashX but i'm not sure about other dash's....

4. scib

scib Member

I have unleashX and it says i can format partition G, but I can't figure out how to _make_ partition G in the first place. Anybody know?

5. kyle00

kyle00 Member

don't need to....formatting it will make it open for you to use...just click the format command and you should get the rest of your space

6. scib

scib Member

hmm. The problem then would be that I've already allocated partition F all the space. I'm going to either need to delete or resize F in order to make anything happen.

7. kyle00

kyle00 Member

hummm well i must admit i'm not a hardcore xbox modder quite yet..and i'm still somewhat of a noob...so i don't really know how to help you now

8. scib

scib Member

I found XBpartioner off xbins, which at least let me split it up into F and G, although G is still larger than 137 GB. I suppose I'll just have to see what happens when i fill it up.

9. kyle00

kyle00 Member

good luck ^_^

10. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

If you make a partition over 256Gb, any saved files over that will be corrupt!