1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BIG newbie here again. Simple NERO question/s.

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by xmpxkao, Apr 29, 2007.

1. xmpxkao

xmpxkao Member

Hey I use WINAVI video converter to convert my Avi files into DVD format. It takes a reasonable amount of time I guess. Than I use Nero to burn these files onto a DVD disc. Does anyone know why it takes like 1.5hours? MY dvd writer is like 16x. Is tihs normal? I don't know my specs and stuff info. I burn regular movies in like 20-30minutes. Dunno why it takes so long.

Does compressing like 15anime episodes and burning in 1 DVD make a difference? It's still considered 4.7 GB right ? haha thnx in advance anyone.

Oh yeah...sometimes my nero closes randmoly and the disc isn't even written on after I've waited for a while. Weird. I don't thkn anyone can help me here i'am just saying hehe. Thanks ya!

2. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

You could try uninstall and reinstall nero.Which version of nero are you using?I think in your case,you're trying to make your own dvd video by adding several video files,right?I think this process will normally longer time as it has to create the menu,transcoding each file,etc..something like that.

Vincent.

3. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

which verison of nero are you using? i would do a clean reinstall with nero and make sure you have the latest update

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2007
  4. xmpxkao

xmpxkao Member

thanks guys. I ll try that tomorrow i need to get som esleep. Deng is everyone here really that helpful? haha thanks man. I've been helped on this forum like with every problem I had. 5+ over a couple years or so. and with haste too.

Good forums. Makes me feel guilty not being able to help anyone out. I don't have much knowledge.

P.S. I have nero 7.8.5. thats what the folder says and thats all i know. I think you know how I got it...

Thanks again!!

5. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

yeah thats the latest version of nero so your ok there

6. xmpxkao

xmpxkao Member

I tried to follow that guide but I have windows vista.

I got to the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllres thing.

I dont have what the guide have.
    I have things listed like this
    ATA Channel 0
    ATA Channel 0
    ATA Channel 0
    ATA Channel 1
    ATA Channel 1
    ATA Channel 1
    Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

Thats all i guess. I have to sleep now. If anyone can help Ill check it out tomorrow thanks. If nothing can be helped about nero...It's fine. I usually burn ti and go away and leave the comp on since it lags so badly i cant raelly use it and do what i want. Thanks!!

7. xmpxkao

xmpxkao Member

Wow you guys have downloads here too. haha wtf...too good to be true.
    I am downloading your nero because my nero had a couple install issues before it actually wroked. Maybe that will fix something. Also I've downloaded DVD shrink without knowing what it does. I'll try it tomorrow, hopefully it's a useful tool. haha.

still a bit shocked on how useful a forum can be. where's all the anger and telling newbies to shut up? hmm? weird. lol thanks.

8. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

do a clean reinstall meaning run a nero clean tool BEFORE reinstall the program

9. xmpxkao

xmpxkao Member

oh deng. Cuz before that I had a nero 6.5 burning rom or whatever and I couldn't get it uninstalled properly. Tell me where do i find this nero cleaning thing, please. Thanks haha.

10. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2007