1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big prob with emule

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by g1neo, Jul 12, 2003.

1. g1neo

g1neo Guest

Wilst downloading off emule some files have over a 1000 sources and there still a tiny red part that hasnt beeen downloaded i have quite a lot ov big files(over 500mb)what are 99%completed is there anyway to take these files(mostly video)and make them into a playable one becuase it mostly the last part that does not download, and what is the reason for a certain part ov a file being not available, overall though i think emule is one the best sources for files but i do tend to get a lot ov files which do not complete, thanx in advance

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Well before this would mean that the files arent complete and that the download would be a waste of time but now there are new programs that are used to share files such as jumpstart and they often show red area on the download whilst trying to spread them faster. Basically, if you searched for the file and downloaded it from the result then caution but if you got the file from an ed2k link posting site/forum then it should be fine!

3. g1neo

g1neo Guest

Thanx Dela, yep i downloaded from emule search i will try getting files from a ed2k link, im not using jumpstart my downloads have been like that for some time(a tiny part will not download)Is there any way to open these files(preview option does not work) beacause i dont think i will get the last part i need(1 file i've been waitng a week for a tiny little red fraction). I will only use ed2K links to download large files, once again thanx Dela(some strange reason i thought you would be the first to reply lol):)

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Nope u didnt get what i said, people are using jumpstart to SHARE the files not download them. Of course this could just be a fake file. I recommend you get whatever you need from http://forum.sharereactor.com in future to avoid problems!

5. alex1970

alex1970 Member

Hey guys, get the following softwares:
    - EDWATCH
    - AVIPREVIEW (FROM http://www.funkster.org/)
    - VideoLAN (from WWW.VIDEOLAN.ORG)

and you'll be able to see even partially files.

Have a nice P2P !!!

6. g1neo

g1neo Guest

Thanx dude but if u could write a little text on what to do that would be helpfull:)

7. IMRANmel

IMRANmel Regular member

yeh those programs are good to watch incomplete files
    however on emule the incoming folder
    does not display the partially downloaded file until it is entirely complete
    therefore these programs will not work on emule

8. g1neo

g1neo Guest

Hey sup UK dude, yeh it does work with emule the part download folder is located"C:\Program Files\eMule\Incoming" I used EDWATCH , i was able to preview all movies even if only a tiny piece was downloaded but it was still pictures only(still very handy though) however im running 30a emule so it does work. I wouldnt mind knowing how to watch them in fmv though if anyone can explain how to do that? Theres got a be a way. Andy thanx again dude ive been waitng months for that info.PZ

9. IMRANmel

IMRANmel Regular member

REALLY?
    I GOT V.30 emule too
    but in the incoming folder the .dat files arent visible
    do them become visible wen opening through EDWATCH?

10. g1neo

g1neo Guest

yep sure did, try that prog out, its got a few options i dont understand yet but i do know u have to go on configuration then main config and specify the path to the emule imcoming folder other thats all i know about it myself so far but yeh i was well impressed with it because most movies downloads i had i couldnt preview and with that prog i could view every single one try it out dude it worked for me.pz

11. mac71

mac71 Guest

Actually the complete files will be in the incoming folder.

Any .part, .dat, or .met files of incomplete files being downloaded will be located in the TEMP folder inside th emule folder.

12. g1neo

g1neo Guest

yeh ur right mac, my mistake we'll all human lol.:) pz

13. mac71

mac71 Guest

that we all are for sure!

14. IMRANmel

IMRANmel Regular member

yeh def i'll try it out and see wat happens
    ok safe again bros
    peace
    another thing is
    since the partially downloaded files will be located in temp does that mean we can right click copy the fils and then rename the .ext to avi or mpg and watch them
    it may work also
    ???????
    i'll try and let u lot know
    be my guest to also experiment

yo and tell me where to get EDWATCH i cant find it safe peace

Last edited: Sep 3, 2003
  15. IMRANmel

IMRANmel Regular member

hey i got the EDWATCH program its ok
    i havent discovered it fully yet
    but it gives out still images
    regardless of how much is downloaded
    nevertheless
    i have come up with an even better way to view fils on emule
    in temp folder choose which while is the file u want to preview by looking at the size in Mb and guessing
    then (if not done already)
    go to folder options in the window under tools and select VIEW
    here uncheck the box that says "hide known file type extensions"
    then press ok
    then go back and right click the file u want to preview and select copy and paste in desired location preferable in the same folder
    once pasted right click and RENAME
    change the file ext from .part to .avi
    then open with player and it should play
    well the downloaded parts should play
    FANK Q
    try it out really really easy
    PEACE