1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Problem ..NEC 1300

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by BrownAcid, Mar 2, 2004.

1. BrownAcid

BrownAcid Guest

Ok..like this

I have a NEC DVDRW 1300, and I have burning problems. All CD-R and CD-RW burns perfectly, but when I burn on a DVD-R it makes mistakes. Like this..while burning it reports no errors, but when the burning is finished I can open from that DVD-r 6 out of 10 files..the other files wont open. Im using Giga Master DVD-R 1x-4x. I tried it burning in lower speed, but there are mistakes again. I updated the firmware from the NEC site, and it didnt help. I tried to put the DVDRW on master on IDE2 and od primary slave on IDE1..and again..the same problem. I have windows xp professional, and I burn with nero 6 and also I tried DVD Shrink for burning DVD-s..and same problem. Please...I nead help..Thanx. Sorry about the bad english..

2. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

on the english heh damm I come from there n still cant speak it ......what dvd media are you using??......thats like +/-r stuff
    DaOsT

3. Slofire

Slofire Member

You might want to try looking up any newer NEC firmware.....flashing my LG drive fixed a lot of my problems

4. BrownAcid

BrownAcid Guest

I flashed the drive with new firmware..still got problems.
    Im using Giga Master DVD-R

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Firstly use better media than GigaMaster , secondly did you burn to VIDEO_TS folder in DVD-Video mode using Nero 6 ?

6. BrownAcid

BrownAcid Guest

No I didnt..but there`s something..I tried to burn stuff on a Samsung DVDRW and it works ok, mabe it`s just the problem in the DVDR media..?

7. herbsman

It does sound like the media to me ...

8. Xsilver

Xsilver Regular member

http://www.herrie.org/ do hacked firmware for nec 1300a drives and clones. I purchased 50 cheap discs off the net that my drive would not recognise. So i downloaded a hacked firmware from the above website and all 50 burned perfectly no coasters.
    see ya

Last edited: Apr 2, 2004
  9. DrGee

DrGee Guest

Which program did you download from herrie.org

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2004
  10. MysticE

MysticE Active member

11. BrownAcid

BrownAcid Guest

I tried Traxdata DVD-R 4X in a spindle of 10 and they are great..I`m stickin´with that media.

12. herbsman

The Traxdata you have referred to are [bold]Ritek G04[/bold] dye , you should always do alright if you stick with that dye...