1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BIG PROBLEM? PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'PS2' started by AWF, Mar 2, 2005.

1. AWF

AWF Member

My ps2 is not working. It wont turn when I push the reset button or the button to open the disk tray. The red light for the reset button is on but it doesnt do anything. I use a swap magic cd and a slide card to play my games. Does that have to do with the problem or is it something else. Plz help!!

Appreciate it.

2. bzboarder

bzboarder Guest

nothing happens when you push the eject or reset buttons? what version ps2 do you have? perhaps did you damage the cable that attaches to the buttons (the silver cable).

3. AWF

AWF Member

i have the scph-30001 version. the silver cable did accidentally come off and i put it back on but the ps2 still didn't respond.

4. bzboarder

bzboarder Guest

did this problem start after you already had put back the cable? maybe its damaged

5. AWF

AWF Member

yeah, i think the ribbon is damaged too. do you know were i can get a new ribbon for cheap?

6. blk5oh

blk5oh Member

that happened to me too, i accidentally pulled out the ribbon when puttin on my flip top, but when i put the cable back in it did the same thing as the guy above, then i cleaned the ends of the cable with some alcohol, now it works perfectly

7. Casshern

Casshern Member

http://www.richspsxparts.com/

He'll have what ur looking for. Make sure you know how to install it correctly.. dont wanna damage it again.. or anything else for that matter.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2005
  8. AWF

AWF Member

Thanks for the help.