1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big problem with mod chip

Discussion in 'PS2' started by kaushik, Feb 23, 2004.

1. kaushik

kaushik Member

hi people, i have just got the silver ps2, and i have now got a magic chip, i do not know which version but i think its a new one, well i have this problem when i play games, when i play games i can play for about 10-20 minutes, but while playing the background music stops, and the next time the game has to load something it crashes, it does this with mostly my dvd backups, its done this for smackdown here comes tghe pain , sonic heroes, pro evolution soccer and a few more, also when i boot i always have to go to the browser screen for dvd copies, beacuse if i try to boot it from the start it shows the playstation sign and then it just stops, it does this for only dvd games, when booting with cd-r it boots straight away. could these two problems, be a problem with my mod chip or my dvd backups? please help any suggestion welcome thanx

2. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

[bold]if you're able to load the games then the mod chip is fine. the problem might be how you burnin it. what program and media are you usin? what speed did you burn it? what dvd burner do you have?

3. kaushik

kaushik Member

i use various types of media, for the smackdown game, i am using a dvd-r which has a ritekg04 dye, i burn at 4x and i also have a pioneer 107 drive

4. kaushik

kaushik Member

sorry i used dvd decrypter to ake the iso file and i used alcohol to burn the file

5. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

[bold]try to set the read speed and burn at 1x.

6. kaushik

kaushik Member

do u mean set the read speed when i burn the image to my hard drive or when i burn to a dvd, and how long do u think this ill take?

7. kaushik

kaushik Member

i did set the burn speed at 1x and i still have the same problem

8. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

[bold]ok. when you do ISO read make sure you set the read speed to 1x. after that when do ISO write, set the write to 1x.

9. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member