1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BIG problem with my PS2, perhaps a side-effect of slidecard!?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Halberd, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Halberd

Halberd Member

Hi guys,

I've got a big problem, I've been using a slider card to play my backups for a year or two now. I've been a regular player and have made sure to be careful when using the slide card, so I'm kid of surprised and schocked at what has happened.

Mid-game recentyl, the ps2 stalled and I had to reset at the ps2 power switch to turn the console off. Upon turning back on, there seems to be something wrong with the response of the console! The blue ejext button will not do anything, and the green reset button will respon,d but does nothing. Not even the PS2 startupo screen appears, and everything stays black on the screen.

It is as though the playstation does not recognise there is anything in there or something....I'm not sure, as it doesn't even show the deafult screen anymore!?

Can anyone please, PLEASE, give me a hand here? anyone had similar troubles? Or no a way I can fix this? Thankyou for reading and help...

2. Halberd

Halberd Member

bump, just because I really need some kind of answer?!

3. SiLenT-J

SiLenT-J Guest

Okay That happened to my brother!!! no slide card tho he just dropped it. Okay what he did was Dissasembled the WHOLE THING then looked for parts that might be damaged (none were) then he dusted everypart off and put that sucker back together and it worked again. I remeber that day he just got it he was so scared lol!!!

4. Halberd

Halberd Member

*Sob*

I did the same thing, took her apart and dusted, but same problem when I rebuilt it...

I guess all I can do is take it apart gain and try...thanks for the advice.

Anyone else have this experience?

5. mallaug

mallaug Regular member

I haven't tried it but, using a slide card for a year is kinda long get a hard drive!

6. SiLenT-J

SiLenT-J Guest

mall ya kidda missed the point his ps2 is broken ^_^

7. ali4real

ali4real Guest

i heard that if i dont have swap magic i shouldnt use the slide card?
    Is that true?
    I need to install exploit to my memory card so, can i just do it this once?
    So, should i go ahead and use slide card without swap magic?
    I could put in cousins modchipped ps2 but he lives far away and i want to start uploading games this week.

8. ali4real

ali4real Guest

i need a quick answer