1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

big problems care to join in?

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by ZUES85, Jun 26, 2007.

1. ZUES85

ZUES85 Member

my psp was 2.81 i successfully updated to 3.03 then downgraded with GTA LCS and got to 1.5 then updated to custom firmware 3.03 OE-C it was great i have socom ftb2 and i was playing hacking w.e u know and then i added more hacks and turned them all on by accident ooops.. they played and w.e it started acting funny then it froze. I took out the battery and restarted it in recovery everything was fine so i went back to the game (ftb2) and tried my cheats they would not work or they would work and freeze. So i backed up all my files accept the cwcheat folder and formated my memory stick i had an original copy of the cwcheat foler or file in hand on my pc i put all the files back in place added a few hacks and they didnt work now this didnt make sense to me. so i debated and decided i would downgrade my psp back to 1.5 and i succeded perfectly and then back to 3.03 OE-C everything was good as new then i tried the hacking part with the cwcheat database file and well nothing worked the plugin file in recovery mode was on and it was just not working as before once again makes no sense at all then i shut it off and it seems to be bricked now. but now there is good news and bad news i have the recovery file saved on my memory stick and i can run it but my battery is below 75 and no charger with me now if anybody knows what the haliluya happend obviously reply
    p.s. sorry its so long but i had to

2. weirdoku

weirdoku Member

by hacking do you mean plugins (.prx) stuff?

So you are on 3.03oe-c right? I suggest you turn on your psp and backup all you game saves, photos, music and the important stuff except the plugins, no go into usb mode, in the xmb, then only put in the cwcheat plugin again.

not all plugins can be run along side each other and i think thats whats causing you psp to freeze. also enabling lots of cheats can cause you psp to freeze as well and may even corrupt the game save (it happened to my tekken save)

last thing, unless you want to customise your xmb and what other there is to customise, i suggest you upgrade the firmware to 3.40oe-a by using a easy installer available around this forum. some things has been fixed by dark alex from 3.03oe onwards, including some codes that that could even cause your psp to brick.

I'm guessing your psp is now below 75% and the firmware upgrade requires it to upgrade but you can skip this by holding down L and triangle as soon as you press X or O on the upgrader.

3. ZUES85

ZUES85 Member

actually i have the recovery file on there and it will run but my charge level is below 75% i cant get it till tomarrow and my darn psp is bricked all i wanted to no is why it happened i can fix it i just want to know why thats all im pretty good with psp myself i just wanted to know why thanks