1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

big problems - dead xbox motherboard while modding!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by m1ody78, Dec 8, 2004.

1. m1ody78

m1ody78 Member

I have 1.6 xbox. I was trying to mod it with Xenium ICE mod; however, I have fried the motherboard!!! I bought a new motherboard (not xbox but motherboard) and let my friend do the soldering and everything works; however, I can not do anything with the old drive. I can’t go through disk wizard because it errors out. I can’t boot original XBOX system because I get an error about can’t unlock hd. What can I do to fix my problem? Please help!!!

thanks

2. rcade

rcade Guest

Well what exactly happened to the motherboard? Did you accidently solder two pins on the motherboard together or did you do some worse like "accidently" take out an entire chip out of the motherboard? There are some ways to fix this. If you know or know someone that can solder the worse thing that you or her/she can do is probably take out a transitor or resitor from the board and lose it.

3. ozonetome

ozonetome Member

i think you might plug that hard drive into the pc and start slamming it with tools batering rams and what not to unlock it then copy to new hard drive or try slayer auto loader maybe you can boot that to new hard drive

4. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

the only way you can save that hard drive is if you have still got your old motherboard. What you have to do is actually pull out the eeprom chip from your old motherboard and solder it into your new motherboard. heres a guide on how to do it.

http://www.xboxscene.net/articles/recover-locked-hd.php