1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

big-time burner problem!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by punker, Oct 30, 2003.

1. punker

punker Guest

i have an unusual problem,i hope i can explain it well enough to make it understandable.i use nero5.5 burning software and never really had any major problems with it until now,if its even the cause.i put an audio cd in drive E this morning.for whatever reason,it wouldnt play.so i took it out.but heres the problem.when i open "my computer"my E drive still reads "audio drive E",and i am unable to play anything in drive E,much less burn anything in it.i even un-installed and re-installed nero,but it still says 'audio drive E.i dont know much about computers,and ive never experienced this type of problem before,i have no idea how to solve this problem,i need help!my OS is windows98 SE,if thats any help,thanks

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. Take the disc out
    2. Reboot the machine
    3. You should be fine. In either case, what is the problem if it says Audio CD? Do you have autorun disabled? I have my autorun disabled and it affects the updating of the labels and such.