1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bigger screen on PSP?

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Just_a_n00b, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Just_a_n00b

Just_a_n00b Member

The original PSP 2001 series screen I had crapped out on me, and I dont have the money to buy a new one. I do however have a portable dvd player screen that is already removed from the dvd player and works just fine. I need help installing it though. The hardware is too different. I already know that the aspect ratio will be screwed up and blah blah blah... I can fix that. I do not however have the experience to install this screen. I could use some help. Thanks!

2. Zymz

Zymz Member

I don't have a solution for you,

but there is a good chance you can't use another screen from a different piece of equipment without some custom hardware, especially if the aspect ratio / max resolution is different. Many portable DVD player screens are less than the 480p resolution of the PSP, this would most likely not shrink the screen like you would want, but instead not show any pixels past its max resolution. (if you could even get it to work).

My only other advice if you are truly set to attempt this would be to check Do It Yourself (DIY) sites and see if anyone else on the WWW has managed to pull this off.

Otherwise you could probably find a broken PSP of the same type with an intact screen on Ebay or at some local repair shop and buy a replacement screen for cheap(er) and simply swap it out.

Hopefully you figure out a solution.