1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.bin and .cue

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by kdawg22, Apr 19, 2005.

1. kdawg22

kdawg22 Member

I have a movie that is split into three files. I have them in both .bin and .cue. I can play the .bin files using VLC Media Player but I would like to burn these do a DVD+RW to watch in my dvd player. How would I go about putting the three files into one file and buring it to a DVD+RW?

2. Ag3ntNe0

Ag3ntNe0 Guest

You need to convert the files into dvd format or vob files in video and audio folders on the dvd. You can burn it once u convert with nero of course.

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

- Avoid Nero, people trust it too much.

- Careful, avoid 'encoding' the SVCD MPEG2 movie into a DVD VOB, since garbage in = garbage out. Just 'author' the movie in a DVD VOB set.

- The images are probably SVCD images (VCDs are usually split into 2 , since 1 VCD = 80' and 1 SVCD = 50' max) and the three images are approx 830 MB large. You can check it by 'mounting' them with Alcohol 120%, Daemon Tools... and looking inside them if the image contains the movie in E:\MPEGAV\AVSEQ01.DAT (VCD) or E:\MPEG2\AVSEQ01.MPG (SVCD). Then:

1) open VCDGear. Do " cue/bin--> mpeg three times ". You'll have CD1.MPG, CD2.MPG and CD3.MPG. They should be MPEG-2 SVCD files.
    2) join the three parts with TMPGenc (File___Merge & Cut, Type = MPEG-2 SuperVideo-CD, MPEG-VCR (Womble MPEG Editor. Save it as MPEG-2. Look in http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/womble_mpeg_join_tutorial.cfm)...if the movie (crazy) were a VCD yo should have chosen 'Type = MPEG-1 Video-CD' in TMPGenc and similar in MPEG-VCR.
    3) ah, remember to check that CDx.MPG do not overlap. Otherwise you'll have to cut them a litle, to delete the overlapping parts. When you have finished CD1+CD2+CD3 = Movie, without having 'noises' in the joining points. A good splitter should have split the movie frame by frame, (0-->F1 for CD1, F1+1 --> F2 for CD2, F2+1-->end for CD3, choosing the Fk points where there's no speech in the movie) but ususlly the split movie is done rather approximately...
    4) do 'something' with that movie. My suggestion is to put multiple SVCD movies into a DVD, since encoding a 480x480 into a 720x480 movie is loss of time without any gain in the final quality. I never did it, but probably DVD Lab is the application to do it...

Last edited: Apr 19, 2005
  4. Ag3ntNe0

Ag3ntNe0 Guest

Excellent Post Aldaco.

5. thumper8

thumper8 Member

ok, is there any one who can give me a simplier version of this. I have a bin/cue movie file on two cds. All i have done so far is convert simple avi forms to dvd using vsodivx converter and copytodvd. This bin/cue is totally new to me.

6. thumper8

thumper8 Member

im not stupid, just new!!!!!!!!! my folder says " ctp-fock1 CUE File 1kb and then ctp-fock1 BIN File 822,495 KB." help

7. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

If you opened that ctp-fock1.CUE with Notepad, you would see that it ponts to thae ctp-fock1.BIN image (unless there was an error in making it, and it points to a Disk:\directory\ctp-fock1.BIN file, and therefore you'll have to correct it removing Disk:\directory\ from the file name).

gain, open VCDGear, click 'load' on the 'cue/bin -> mpeg' screen and load that .CUE file. VCDGear will automatically load that big BIN file and make the conversion to the file name you wich (e.g. fock1.mpg).

That you'll have to join the three mpegs (hoping they don't overlap), author a DVD with that big mpeg (using an application which doesn't try con convert a VCD movie into a DVD one, like DVD Lab)..not an easy thing to do. You'll have to study a lot, of you'd better stick to watching three (Super)Video-CDs (after all, you'll have no gain in the final quality. Garbage in = garbage out. You'll just gain the 'comfort' of preventing yourself from changing CDs when you'll watch the full movie).

Last edited: Apr 28, 2005
  8. me1

me1 Member

i have svcd files named like this ctp-mil02 most in zip files and when i look in properties it says they are r50 0r r36 ???

i have tryed TMPGEnc nero iso buster even with iso buster it tell me ! C:\iso budter\050605_2228\CTP_001A.R23: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack ctp-mil01.bin
    ! C:\iso budter\050605_2228\CTP_001A.R23: No files to extract

it is a film about 1.55gb two disc iam just lost as what to do

i can mount the cue file but that just a intro that last about 2 mins

thanks in advance... i have managed to convert them with MPEG-VCR V3.14 then i used cheetah to convert them to vob files then run it through shrink and burn with DVDDecrypter all ok

Last edited: Jun 7, 2005