1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bin and iso files giving me blanks

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by DoubleOH7, Aug 11, 2004.

1. DoubleOH7

DoubleOH7 Member

So I have bin and cue and iso files, and when I try and burn image from both nero and alcohol I get blank CD's. They aren't really blank, but when I insert them into my computer, it says they are. I tried burning the cd using the .cue file, the .bin file, and the .iso file, none worked. I tried mounting all the formats in my virtual drive, and it says that it may be uncompatible with windows or corrupted. It's not just with one file, it's with every single iso, bin, and cue file i have.
    Thanks a million.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

3. DoubleOH7

DoubleOH7 Member

I think you can only verify sfv files, not iso and bin files with that. At least from my playing with it for a few minutes. But what are the odds that all 13 files I have are corrupt, all different file names and all different sizes?

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Try using IsoBuster or CDMage and open the iso, bin& cue files and extract to a folder. If there's any data in that folder then we know there is data on the iso or bin& cue file(s). I recommend using a free burning program called burnatonce for burning iso's and bin& cue file format :)

http://www.burnatone.com/downloads
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]MSI KT6V-LSR MS-7021
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+ (OC'd to 3400+)
    1 Gig Corsair XMS PC3200 (OC'd DDR500)
    MSI MS Starforce nVidia GeForce FX5500(256 DDR)
    Maxtor ATA\133 200 gig
    Lite-ON LTD165H DVD-ROM
    Lite-ON LDW411S DVD-Burner[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2004
  5. DoubleOH7

DoubleOH7 Member

I've tried ISOBuster, and with most of them I get one single track. Should I be extracting that single track? When I do, i get a .tao file. Now what?

6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

You extract the entire content of the iso or bin& cue file format m8. I've never heard of a .tao file but do recall TAO stands for a write method called Track At Once. What are some of the file names of the iso and bin& cue files m8? (examples)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]MSI KT6V-LSR MS-7021
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+ (OC'd to 3400+)
    1 Gig Corsair XMS PC3200 (OC'd DDR500)
    MSI MS Starforce nVidia GeForce FX5500(256 DDR)
    Maxtor ATA\133 200 gig
    Lite-ON LTD165H DVD-ROM
    Lite-ON LDW411S DVD-Burner[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2004
  7. DoubleOH7

DoubleOH7 Member

Ok, for example, lets just say this:
    game1.cd1.iso
    game1.cd1.bin
    game1.cd2.iso
    game1.cd2.bin

I have a few different versions of each. Then, no matter which one I open in ISOBuster, whether it is iso, bin, or cue, it shows only Track 01. Then I extract Track 01 by dragging, or right clicking and selecting "Extract Raw data" and I get track 01, and i can keep repeating this pattern as long as i feel like it, getting exactly the same file, Track 01, with the exact same size (between 400 and 800 mb depending on the file).