1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BIN/CUE files does not match the movie lenght

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by cmlegend, Sep 23, 2003.

1. cmlegend

cmlegend Member

First I would like to say that I started using dvd2svcd in the past new weeks and everything was just perfect. The posts here really helped making the best SVCD out of DVDs. I have learned so much thanks to you guys !!!!

Ok.here it is. I find sometimes that when DVD2SVCD finishes and everything seems correct except my last bin/cue file does not have the full rest of the movie. If I open the bbMPEG_Muxed_File02.mpg and watch it, it has all the rest of the movie. But when it comes to making the bin file, it cuts off. Lets just say that just this morning my mpg file was near 800 megs and its bin file was 566 megs which made no sense. I tried using VCDeasy to re-create the bin/cue file as I thought it was the DVD2SVCD application but it did the exact same thing.

Do anyone know why this happens and how to fix this?

I understand that the bbMPEG_Muxed_File00.mpg contains up to two tracks and subtitles, therefore when I try making an SVCD using just this file, NERO doesn not recognize the file as an MPEG2...strange huh?

How the hell do I get my full bin/cue file out of the mpg file?

Please help...thanks!!!!

2. cmlegend

cmlegend Member

Well.. No one did answer me on this one but I did find the answer. The problem was TMPGENC. Using CCE will not cause this problem. Try it if it was doing the same thing on your end.

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

LOL I'm glad you got it working! :)

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

That is an interesting problem indeed! :) Thnx cmlegend i'll add that to the TMPGEnc error thread!

As a side note, I dont like the newest version of DVD2SVCD, i mean I still use it but i've had a lot of trouble with it, and I am using CCE SP!

5. cmlegend

cmlegend Member

Well... Personally, I haven't had much problems with the new version of DVD2SVCD so I will continue using it but let me ask you this Dela, is CCE SP better than 2.5? Shall I get myself your version instead?

And from your experience, is there a big difference between CBR and multipass (3) for CCE?

Thanks... cmlegend

6. Dela

OK your first question is a bit odd, I still use CCE SP 2.50!

And for the second, I always find Multipass VBR is a much better option than CBR :)

7. cmlegend

cmlegend Member

Thanks... For the first question, I thought you were talking about another CCE version...

Talk to ya in another tread ;)

..CM

8. Dela

lol ok :)