1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.bin & .cue into iso help

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by I_Am_High, Mar 23, 2005.

1. I_Am_High

I_Am_High Member

I've downloaded a game and it's a bin and cue file. What is the best program to use that will convert them into an iso file. I DON'T ACTUALLY WANT TO BURN IT TO DISC, I just want an iso image i can mount to a virtual drive and install to my ps2 via winhiip.

2. batmn419

batmn419 Guest

ISOpen is a good program for converting them to iso

3. I_Am_High

I_Am_High Member

Okay, I used your program, seems pretty good. I created one iso with just the bin file. Then another iso with the bin and cue files. Neither seem to work, what am i doing wrong?

4. batmn419

batmn419 Guest

try ultraiso instead

5. romero

romero Regular member

Or burn bin+cue to CD-RW and then make ISO of it.

6. I_Am_High

I_Am_High Member

Well, i'd like to avoid making coasters if i can. Plus, the software seemed to work fine converting it into an iso, why would burning it? I actually think this torrent i downloaded is no good because most games come out to be about 4gig in size and this one is nowhere near that. Realized that too late. However I will have another game shortly...

7. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Can't you just burn it as is? You can use many programs to burn bin/cue files. I know Alcohol and Nero do. I think that turning it into an .iso is your problem here.

By the by, you probably d/l'ed a dvdrip or a cd-based game, this shouldn't go on a dvd.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2005
  8. romero

romero Regular member

It's hard to make coasters with RW disk... I suggested that because by making a disk you would be able to test if it's even working. Maybe there is some errors happening in your image conversion method, so if the CD works you could then make it as ISO straight away.