1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.BIN / .CUE / .ISO Frequently asked questions. READ1ST

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by cd-rw.org, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elainc33

elainc33 Member

clashcity. Sounds like you need to re-install Roxio

2. justas

justas Member

hey guys,

well i have this weird problem with my image files latelly. I started to notice it after i downloaded some game ISO from local ftp, and i just couldnt install the game as it was bringing up some error stuff, basically "unable to read xxx file" or smth. Well i thought it was np until today when i was at one guys place with my HDD, i took a couple of iso's from his pc. So im like returning home, feeling the urge to try the stuff i just got - and WTF, i cant install any single thing ! It just stops the install, ussually near the end of a CD saying shit like "CRC error" etc... Well i dont even know what to think, and besides, i just tried testing some of these images with CDMage - and they have no fckin errors.. I have no idea what to do guys, could u help me out? Could this be my hdd being fucked up ? (tho i checked it with some proggies, not a single error or bad sector found), or maybe it could be the cause of different file systems we use ? (he has NTFS i got FAT32), tho i dont really think its possible :/
    p.s: for images i use daemon toolz, never had such problems b4.

3. gill_mn

gill_mn Member

Need some DVD/Sheep advice (bahh - bahh)...

I am looking to buy a DVD burner for general purpose CD/DVD media backups. I think I finally understand why my Plextor W1210A will not successfully backup a copy of certain gaming SafeDisc protected media - It is NOT a 2-Sheep (EMF Compliant) burner. Given this...

Can anyone recommend a good DVD-R/RW with 2-Sheep? Is there a list (ANYWHERE!) of 2-Sheep DVD-R/RW hardware? Possible dual layer? Or am I better off just spending $30 for a Lite-On 2-Sheep CD-RW and waiting for the whole "dual layer dust" to settle?

Any thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated!

4. john179

john179 Active member

sorry just a test

5. Kingd

Kingd Guest

justas: CrC errors indicate a bad cd. Are you installing from a cd or from the iso file? If it's from cd, then burn them at a slower speed. If it's from an iso, then make an iso of something you know works and try to install from that new iso. If that doesnt work, then get back to us.

6. SnakeUK

SnakeUK Member

Hey people,

I downloaded a PS2 game and it's in bin/cue format but the problem is I think it's a messed up cue sheet because nero and crd win say the same thing that they can't load it up.

So can somebody please tell me how the cue sheet should be for ps2 games please?

Many thanks

7. justas

justas Member

hmm, appearantly a "home-made" ISO works :) I guess its some problems with the pc i got that ISO from.. tho the weird thing is, the guy whom i got it from says he has no problems with it.. Oh well, another computer mystery i guess :/

8. SnakeUK

SnakeUK Member

Ah, home made .cue sheet? But what should be in the cue sheet itself, any idea?

Also, I'm having problems burning the PS2 Reality Media player onto cd I do a "boot" CD in Nero but the damn thing won't work on my PS2 which has the matrix infinity mod, the firmware update worked though

9. Cruisa

Cruisa Member

10. uzonga

uzonga Member

HI, I've been reading and reading the foruns and her's my big problem. I've got a Playstation2 game (.bin and .cue files) and have been trying to burn them. Here's what happened:
    -1st and 2nd tries: using alcool 120%, raw dao recording and selected Playstation 2 (maximum speed at the first time and 4X - minimum at second). Something happened and even my computer wasn't able to read the cds.

-3rd try: using Isobuster and the 2 files above, I created an iso file and using NTI cd maker (4X), burned the cd again. This time my computer was able to read the files and it really looked like a ps2 game, but when I used it in the videogame, nothing happened (the cds 1 and 2 made some noises when Ps2 tried to read them, but with this one there was just silence..)

After that, I used cdmage and after 2% scanned, there were about 12.000 low errors in the bin/cue file. Probably cdmage would be able to fix them all...
    (it's a dvd-rip game)

My questions are: what have I done wrong? Is it worth spending my hole life trying to fix all the errors?
    Does anybody have any suggestion about what to do now?

Thanks

PS:I'm double posting the questions at the playstation forum, but maybe anyone can help me here too...

11. uzonga

uzonga Member

I forgot to say that my ps2 is modchiped..

12. uzonga

uzonga Member

To Snake UK: I've read this somewhere around here. You have to edit your .cue file with the notepad. For example: if your file named around.cue is located at C:\Policestation, you have to open the .cue file and change the 1st line from "around" binary to "C:\Policestation\around" binary. Got it?

13. SnakeUK

SnakeUK Member

I got the editing in notepad but i'll put an example here just to make sure i've got this exactly right and i don't waste more cd's.

This is for a divx movie i want to burn onto cd, and the current .cue sheet says:

FILE "tekken.bin" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

So where it says "tekken.bin" i replace it with this:

"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Tekken\tekken.bin"

Also, can i burn the reality media player on its own so i don't have to go through the BS it tells you in the guide by putting those reality media files in cdgenPS2 along with my movie/mp3/jpeg etc? So i just end up swapping cd's.

Thank you for your help uzonga.

14. mynot

mynot Guest

I have extracted a .rar files and have the .bin and .cue files. I burnt the CD using Nero 6. Everything worked fine. When I went to burn another CD. Nero states that the info wont fit on the CD. What am I doing wrong?
    Can I split the files to make them smaller?
    FIXED!!!
    NOTE: Re read hundreds of posts and realised that I was using the wizard to burn the files instead of using "open". Everything is OK.
    Huge amount of information here.Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2004
  15. Siporoth

Siporoth Member

I have a problem, I got a hold of a PSX game that had 25 files with the ext .001 - .025 and the last file was a .sfv

Well I used SFV Checker and it put all the .001 files into one big file that had the ext .out

my queston is, how do I use an .out, or dose anyone know of any programs that can extract .out's so that I may be able to use it?

16. Kingd

Kingd Guest

Siporoth: Use winrar to extract the files inside the .001-.025 files (probably bin/cue image files). The sfv file is simply to check the crc of the .001-.025 you currently have with the list it made when it was first created (Files can get corrupted when you download). Just a note, when you use winrar, go to open archive, and change the files of type to all files because the .001-.025 files won't show up as winrar files.

17. Siporoth

Siporoth Member

I tryed that and it said that it could not extract them because they are not of the right format.

so if I did something wrong, plz explane it to me better, because it did not work..T__T

18. adamdaw

adamdaw Guest

Ok i have CD-RW's and i have all the eqipment to make cue files from Alchcol but when i make them i get AVG and CUE File i dont get a BIN file someone help me on this Im a BIG NEWBIE! to buring things also can CD-RW work in your DVD players everytime i try it says cant read disc someone plz help me thxs

19. AKULA203

AKULA203 Member

Hello everyone,

I have a file that is 2.35 gigs in size and is called

xgame.SKiLLeD.3CD.[BIN.CUE].rar

I originally tried to open the rar file but it would not extract so I renamed it to a cue file...

My question is this.

Using Nero 6.0.0.0 Exactly how would I go about extracting this file to a bunch of files that can actually be used. I have tried ISO buster but it only displays "Track 1" and when I try to extract it, nothing happens... Now I gotta warn y'all that I have absolutely no clue how to use the advanced version of NEro, also I have no experience in openning cue and bin file.... To be honest it's very confusing so if someone can point me in the right direction that would be AWESOME!!!

Cheers and thanks in advance :)

20. Tiduas

Tiduas Member

I have readed some of the pages here but they do not seem to help me...so i am joining the forum to ask.
    I have the chip DMS3 v2.0 in my PS2 and have burned some CD:s but none of them is working, it just tell me to put in a Playstation or Playstation2 disc.
    After reading here i saw that i must get the cue file togheter with the .Bin file and i have looked so the file is correct, it looks like this

FILE "Game Name.bin" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

Everything is right and so but i have some questions.
    What shall i do?
    It cant read the discs i am burning (with Nero) and i do just put the .Bin and the .Cue file in the disc and burn, and i am starting the game right to by use the O-button on the Playstation2 game pad.
    And i borrowed an friends gamedisc (burned) and that worked perfekt so there isnt any wrong at the chip, it is i who makes something wrong...but what? o_O

Last edited: Aug 14, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.