1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.BIN / .CUE / .ISO Frequently asked questions. READ1ST

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by cd-rw.org, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dumbass12

dumbass12 Member

Hi im a complete noob. I have a a folder. Inside the folders are a bunch of .rar files for a movie. When i double click one of these many .rar files, i get inside a .bin file and a .cue file. How do i make a virtual cd rom drive using these files and alcohol 120?? I tried to use "help" in alcohol but cant figure it out. Help me =)

2. Kingd

Kingd Guest

dumbass12: Any idea how many times your question has been answered on this thread alone? Use winrar to extract the bin and cue to a folder, then you can mount it using daemon tools. A simple google search should find you plenty of guides.

3. jonno123

jonno123 Member

Ok desperately need help. Kinda new to this .iso stuff really but i know i few things. I got doom 3 iso files. Disc 1, 2 and 3. Burnt them onto a disc but when it asks for secondone and i put it in it and i press ok it doesnt let me carry on

Please reply asap. Im on my knees here. I tryed mounting n everything.

4. king216

king216 Member

I've read almost this whole thread. I've mounted .bin files, and played the games. I'm trying to burn the .bin file and the .cue file together on one disk but I can't. I only allows me to choose either the .bin or .cue. And I need both or my computer will ask me to load the game disk. I just want to be able to burn the .cue and .bin to the disk and erase the files off my computer so I can just use the disk. when i use Nero and alcohol it goes straight to burn process without letting me choose both files. i apologize if these questions have already been answered.

5. dumbass12

dumbass12 Member

Ive recently downloaded a game (Sims 2) It came across 4 cd's, each in split files which i extracted to receive 4 .bin and .cue files. So i have a .cue and a .bin file for each CD.

I sort of understand how to make bin and cue files work for dvd MOVIES, but i have no idea how to make them work in a cd-rom PC GAME format. Can anyone help?

I know that you have to do soomething to correctly burn it to a cd for one thing,which i also dont know how to do =(, but this also gets me stumped. The .bin files are 757 megs, 764 megs, 764 megs, and 563 megs!! last CD is fine, but the first 3 CDs exceed the limit. My burner program(Roxio) says my cd's capacity under "data disc" mode(oppposed to "music" cd mode) is 703 megs. Does this mean i need 8 discs to install? Will the Sims2 installer even recognize that i need 8 discs??

Anyways, sorry to be a noob i know how annoying this can be for some of you who answered this countless times, but thanks in advance for helping!!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.