1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bin files are confusing?!need help to put to dvd

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by 97bullock, Jan 26, 2005.

1. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

hi.im so sorry if this has been posted a million times before but i didnt see it.i am majorly confused?!

ok,so i have a film on my hdd in two files.a bin file and a cue file.i know that u can open the cue file in nero to burn the bin file and i know about how to convert bin to iso.but if i do try and burn either of those ways,can i do it onto a dvd-r so that it plays on my dvd player?

if i cant then what is the easiest way to do so?
    i heard that there is a program whereby you can extract the video files from the bin file and transcode the audio stream and video stream seperately.i dont want to do it that way as it sounds really complicated so is there an easier,more newb friendly way?

p.s.i would love to use winavi video converter to just convert the file into a video_ts folder of vob files.is it at all possible this way?

2. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

Firstly, what format are the files in the BIN. To find this out get an ISO/BIN editor like WinISO. Using this program you can see/extract all the files in the BIN file.
    OR
    Just burn it to CD...then you can copy it off if you want to!

Once you know what kind of files are in there let us know and we can send you in the right direction.

No, you can't put the BIN straight onto a DVD.

My guess is that its a VCD... and if it is... does your standalone DVD player play VCDs?? If so, then just burn it to CD and watch it!

Adder.

3. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

ok.thanx!
    the bin file is in vcd format.my dvd player doesnt support vcds.i dont want to burn it to cd anyway.i basically want vob files to put on a dvd to play in a dvd player.thanx for your help so far.

4. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Another program for extracting from iso/bin-cue files is isobuster.

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

This is easy...Use something like "ISO Buster" to extract the "AVSEQ01.DAT" file out of the Bin file and save it as a Mpeg file....

Now all you need is a Program Like "DVDLab Pro" which will resample the audio to DVD Compliant 48000HZ audio and Let you add chapters and Menu"s and Author them to DVD....There will be No Quality Loss because the VCD format and the SIF DVD Format are allmost exactly the same accept for the audio so the File doesn"t need to be Re-encoded....

It is a waste to Put Just one VCD On a DVD because you can Fit at least 3 or 4 Full VCD Movies on each DVD-R so wait till you have more than just a single Movie.....

Cheers

6. Spanky_ii

Spanky_ii Member

I need help to...I used IsoBuster to convert the movie and i can get it to play but theres no sound....Is the sound problem with my download?

Please Help

7. camstuf

camstuf Guest

***DVD FROM AVI- TOOLS & GUIDES***
    1. winrar
    http://www.rarsoft.com/rar/wrar320.exe
    It doesn't expire, all that happens is you get a 'Nag-Screen' which pops up when you open winrar, saying licence has expired, or something close to that, but you can still use it ok.
    a) OK, you open the .rar file or open any one of the rar files, then you extract it. Rar files vary in format, they can be .rar, .r01, .r02, .001, .002, and etc... -- What I do is usually extract the .rar file and if it doesn't exist, I open the last highest number rar file and extract that.
    b) This should extract 2 files for you. A .bin and .cue file. Once, you have your .bin and .cue file, you should delete those rar files now to free up some space.
    2. isobuster
    http://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/141726.php#svcd
    3. TMPGEnc (1:1 VGA & no borders keep aspect ratio)
    http://www.videohelp.com/tmpgencdvd.htm
    4. TMPGEnc DVD Author (create menues and stuff)
    http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/53/59/
    Total process takes at least an hour 1/2.
    5. burn dvd with nero
    http://www.digitalfaq.com/authorburn/neroburndvd/neroburndvd.htm
    Or Alcohol
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/alcohol120guide.cfm

8. Minion

Minion Senior member

You don"t need to Re-Encode the SVCD file to DVD format Like in the Link says above because if you do you will Just Lower the Quality and Increase the File size...
    If you use "DVDLab" to author your DVD"s it will Take SVCD Files and author them to DVD with menu"s and Chapters without any quality Loss and should Play in Most all DVD Players and this way you Can Fit about 3 Full SVCD Movies on each DVD-R Pluss it is Quicker than re-encodeing with better quality....

Cheers

9. camstuf

camstuf Guest

good to know, I will try that

10. mpierce12

mpierce12 Member

Okay, I have a problem here. I opened up the Cue file with ISOBuster. Went into the MPEGAV folder and located the dat file. I right-clicked on the DAT file and selected "Extract but FILTER only M2F2 Mpeg frames" I selected where I want the file to go after the conversion. The app did it's work. Once it was done I located the new file to find out that it's still a .DAT file. This is weird? Got any ideas?! TIA.

11. Minion

Minion Senior member

Just Rename the ".DAT" to ".mpg" and you will be OK....

12. mpierce12

mpierce12 Member

I got it guys, thanks a lot! Also, if any of you are familiar with DVD-Lab Pro, I was wondering...The movie I extracted, extracted into 4 parts. Is there a way in the DVD-Lab Pro software that can put the whole movie together as one? Or do I need to do that in some other program? TIA.

13. Minion

Minion Senior member

If they are Mpeg files you can Join them into a single File useing the "Merge & Cut" feature in tmpgenc"s "Mpeg tools" or you can use a Mpeg editor like "Mpeg2VCR" ...

14. mpierce12

mpierce12 Member

I've got another question. Ok, I have a movie, but it's in a .001 format. So I learned that it's a split file, so I downloaded HJ-Split and I got the files joined into one file. Now I went into IsoBuster and tried to extract only the Mpeg files, but when I do that the resulting Mpeg file is 0 bytes. Do any of you have experience with these "Split" files? Thanks.

15. Minion

Minion Senior member

The Files you have are Probably "Rar" files which are Like Zip Files...You will Need to have all of the Parts of the Movie and then you would use "WinRar" to decompress and extract the Files....
    You can download Winrar at "www.rarlab.com"...

16. mpierce12

mpierce12 Member

Yeh, I read the sticky that the moderator put up. He said to put all the "split" files into a folder together. Then drag the folder into winrar and extract the files. Then keep doing that process until you get a file type you can work with.