1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BIN-files, how to use them?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Ghostdog, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

hey does it involve a bin file? as in a cd image?? ye? well its not a file sharing question then!

2. Ghostdog

Ghostdog Regular member

Well kind of. But my original question was about a BIN-file which I got via a filesharing app. I didn´t know that BIN´s were CD image files. So amishjew is correct, the original question was related to filesharing.

3. Dela

From Forum...

From First Question

The question was nothing to do with filesharing apps, it was how to "use" a bin file.

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Well whenever you try to open a file with CDMage it asks you to specify the read format.... if the image is a MODE2/2352 image and you try to read it as a MODE1/2048 there's no way CDMage will read it!

5. Ghostdog

Ghostdog Regular member

Since I got the file through a file-sharing app, I naturally asumed that the people that visit the file-sharing forum would have an idea about what I was talking about and might be able to help.

You can´t seriously be so strict that you allow know other discussion to take place at the file-sharing forum than what is directly related to word "file-sharing application"?

6. Praetor

Alright both of you hehe :p It's not really that big a deal you know?

7. Dela

*sighs* i moved it here because it has a much better chance of being answered in a forum where questions like that are usually asked, drop it!

8. amishjew

amishjew Guest

what the hell is this forum full of dicks or what i never seen one as bad as this one. Look he got the file through file sharing and he didnt know that a bin file you had to put on a cd so you gonna get made about it all because its related to a cd-r when he didnt know it? It sounds to me like you guys are all just big nerds that are trying to show off what you know every chance you get and when someone doesnt know something you do you have to go on and on and try to prove your right about it. I mean all he wanted was some help what does it matter if he posted it in the wrong place without knowing just help if you can help and thats it i mean after all that is what this forum is for. O no my reply doesnt have anything to do with a file sharing app. should i move it. wait come to think of it people that were getting all made their reply didnt have anyhing to do file sharing either just people posting replies and beeing a dick they need to move that to people trying to be a dick section ;p.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2003
  9. Ghostdog

Ghostdog Regular member

I appreciate your concern Dela, but I was already getting a lot of replys. Being dropped as we speak.

A final thanks to everyone who offered useful comments.

10. Shoey

Shoey Guest

IsoBuster= cost money, CDMage is FREE! Use CDMage and [bold] instead of clicking file>open, simply drag-n-drop the file in the upper left hand dialog box= extract! [/bold] I do this all the time with this program with no errors. Good Gawd have mercy.....

Shoey :)

11. Praetor

amishjew:
    No we are not a bunch of dicks.

12. mac71

mac71 Guest

Unsuscribe!....lol

13. Shoey

Shoey Guest

1) You speak like a 3 year old
    2) Your reply post is immature
    3) You've been [bold]DEACTIVATED[/bold] for stupidity!

Shoey :)

3)

14. Dela

Thnx Shoey! :)

1. Who's worse, the guy who moved a thread to an appropriate forum, where the guys who post on that forum, probably never post in filesharing apps [bold]BUT[/bold] they know an exceptional amount about bin/cue burning so cant i do my fucken job and help a user out? So who is worse, the guy who moves the thread, or the guy who sticks his nose in shit that aint none of his fucken business, goodbye!

[bold]Ghostdog[/bold]: Only trying to help man you know that, you're a forum user who definately deserves senior member, I've seen you help people out before on many occasions and I don't forget stuff like that. I'm not trying to piss you off, or enforce some kinda regime on you, I'm just telling you that its a lot better to ask the guys of the cd-r forum who actually burn a helluva lot of bin/cue files themselves all the time! I know a lot of people in the filesharing forum could have helped out too, but I'm just getting you the best answer I can, sorry if some of my posts seemed a bit unfair afterwards, been tired lately and you know how it is when you are tired :)

15. Ghostdog

Ghostdog Regular member

Damn, I didn´t meen for this top get this messy.

Thanks for your words Dela, I appreciate it.
    I myself am a bit exhausted at the moment, been up to about 2AM 4 nights in a row trying to cope with schoolwork.

16. Praetor

Yeah things can get a bit messy at times but as long as we all keep our cool everything works out in the end! :)

17. HindiNE

HindiNE Member

Hey, ive been just recently following up this thread -- I burned the file as an image on a CD-R with Nero and everything worked perfectly

When I tried to browse the disc I had just made nothing happens and the disc is shown empty

can someone help me out?

18. Praetor

Windows XP?
    WindowsXP is a quirky OS when it comes to built-in burning capability. Many people claim to be able to burn fine. Many others have problems. Microsoft released an update to the IMAPI (which, FYI stands for Image Mastering Applications Programming Interface); that update can be found at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320174. Furthermore, Microsoft has adressed other burning issues with WindowsXP, see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324129