1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.bin files to big

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by indian09, Oct 28, 2003.

1. indian09

indian09 Member

I'm trying to burn an SCVD I downloaded, it has 2 .cue files and 2 .bin files, but the .bin files are too big (850 MB). Is there any way to divide the .bin files or combine it all into 1 then divide it into 3 parts, then create the appropriate .cue files.

Thanks

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

No need to! (S)VCDs reach 850MB all the time. :)

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

I don"t Know about all the Time, I have never been able to get more than 830mb on a 700mb CD-R useing Overburning.. It would Burn on a 90 minute CD-R no Problem and I suppose you can try to overburn 850mb on a CD-R but if that doesn"t work what I would do is extract the Mpeg2 file out of the Bin file and use a Mpeg editor and Cut off the end credits, as they can run 3 or 4 minutes and that would cut off enough so that you can re-author the File to SVCD and have it fit on the Disk...Just a Thought...Cheers

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Also, since they are already BIN/CUE then odds are someone on the face of the planet has managed to get them to work :p

Also dont forget BIN files add quite a bit of header so the real filesize may be like 838MB (which seems much more realistic if it were an SVCD).