1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.bin files

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Owsty, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Owsty

Owsty Member

I've nearly finished downloading an 800meg .bin file, and have realised I have no idea what to do with it. After reading some posts I've worked out that this is some kind of image file. Is it possible to get the original file back from this, as I do not have a dvd writer. Can I just watch the file from my PC, or is it useless.

Many thanks
    Jon

2. Owsty

Owsty Member

I am now downloading the .cue file which corresponds to the .bin file. It is a very small file, 143 bytes. I'm guessing I need both parts, but I still don't know what to do with them. Are there any other files I should be looking for?

Jon

3. rdayan

rdayan Member

I am interested in knowing the answer to the above as well... anyone?

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Hi owsty
    Heres all you need to know.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/bin_cue_with_nero.cfm
    This guide is for nero,but itll work for most any burner program,i would think.
    As for rather or not you can watch it before its burned,your gonna have to ask someone with a little more know how than me.But i do know
    that you dont need a dvd burner.

This question is probably best suited for the cd,cdrw forum,thats probably why it took so long for anyone to answer you.Just thought id try to help out a fellow newbie.

good luck

jim

Last edited: Feb 17, 2004
  5. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

If you have Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% installed on your computer you can mount the CD image to a virtual drive to watch it. Since it's 800MB it should be either in VCD or SVCD format so you don't need a DVD burner to burn it, just a CD burner.